Prologue

"Master, Juvia--" Juvia was currently sitting on a chair as the old man released a sigh of disbelief. She had told him about her encounter with Jose, and how he recited the oath that she once stated.

She had crossed path with him yesterday evening. Juvia had just left the store and was on her way home since it was getting late.

Juvia quickly turned around the moment she spotted her Old Master, Jose. Her eyes widen as she took a step back remembering the oath. She couldn't believe he was infront of her.

She noticed that Jose didn't acknowledge her until, at the last moment, he turned and spotted the bluenette standing. His eyes narrowed while his lips curled into a smirk.

He walked directly to the young women, "Juvia it's been awhile since I last saw you," He started as he eyed the wizard. His former s-class wizard, one of the element four, and one of the strongest in his guild.

His eyes stared at her emblem. The emblem of Fairy Tail, the guild that he despised. It angered him and he immediately looked at the mage, "Thy droplet broke thee oath and shall now pay for thy punishment of her life being timed to short lived as thy heart will forever be dark and forloaned, " Jose whispered under his breath.

Juvia heard as her eyes widen, "Please don't," She exclaimed taking a step forward but felt a huge energy of magic enter into her body.

She knelt down feeling pain as a purple aura surrounded the two, "Til this day forward your life is now timed," He announced as he snapped his fingers and an evil cackle escaped his dry, broken lips.

A sharp pain hit her on the chest as she placed her hand over her heart. She groaned knowing that this was the consequence of breaking the oath.

Jose continued to cackled; knowing that the mage will forever be cursed. He hunched down to meet her eye level. His hand was placed under her chin forcing the bluenette to look up at him. "It was nice seeing you Juvia," He stated as he released her chin as her eyes squinted in pain. "You knew the consequence of the oath is death, and you still broke it," He explained before turning around and walking away.

Juvia was left alone and she tried her best to get up. She held on to a post as she struggled to lift herself up. Her hand was still over her chest as she tried her best to not scream.

The purple aura disappeared as something blue was forming --it was glowing-- inside Juvia as the energy came out and the pain was diminishing slowly.

She bent down to grab the sphere and saw it sparkle. It was water and she automatically knew what her curse was.

"Juvia, and is there a way to break it?" Master asked concerned as he did not want to see one of his children die because of an evil man.

She played with her fingers avoiding any eye contact with Gramps, "The only way to break it varies on who it was casted on. In Juvia's case, when Juvia had joined the guild he knew Juvia's heart was broken and black since shes been hated her whole childhood. Jose also knew that Juvia had vowed to never love anyone else," She explained as her eyes were ready to grow teary but she knew that she couldn't.

The master took quick notice as he held her hand into his, "So, you need True Love Kiss, but not just from anyone; someone who loves you for who you are despite any imperfections that you carry," He concluded. The old man knew it was going to be a difficult task since the only person the water mage has fallen in love doesn't feel the same way.

"Juvia's going to die, isn't she?" She mumbled to herself but still loud enough that the master gripped her hand harder.

His eyes looked at her sternly, "You have someone in mind. If you could get him to love you for who you truly are it's the only way to break the curse. And, you aren't allowed to tell him because the second you do..." He stopped not wanting to finish that sentence.

"It won't work," Juvia finished it for him. Her eyes lowered a bit, "What if its Lyon?" She asked.

"It wouldn't be true love if you don't feel the same way about him," The Master continued as she nodded in understanding.

After their conversation, she planned to head home. She walked past the bar waving goodbye to the people who acknowledged her.

"Juvia!" A loud voice was heard from the opposite side of the guild. Her eyes looked at the owner of the voice.

"Gajeel-kun," She greeted with a smile. The iron mage walked up to her meanwhile looking around suspiciously. The moment he was close to his best friend he grabbed her arm and took her outside.

"Jose was in town," He stated with his arms crossed waiting to hear any confirmation if the two had encountered each other.

Juvia sighed looking away not wanting to bring any more attention to her problem, "How did you know about-"

"I can smell that bastard from miles away, and that prick offered me to be one of his Element four before Totomaru had accepted it. I declined it when I found out about the spoken oath," He admitted remembering how difficult it was to pass the opportunity to be one of the strongest, but he knew one day that if he had to betray the guild he would.

"Well, Juvia can show Gajeel-kun," She continued to walk past her best friend but he quickly followed behind her.

He was curious what she was talking about but he knew that the two were probably heading to her room. "Usually boys aren't allowed, but this is urgent," Juvia explained as she was indeed correct.

The building of the girl's dorm was right ahead and he couldn't help, but wonder if it was better then the guy's dorms.

Juvia walked up ahead cautiously hoping to not spot anyone, but seeing that it was the middle of the day it was unlikely.

Gajeel followed the bluenette into her room where she opened her door and allowed him inside. She informed him to take a seat onto the couch as she headed into her room.

Listening to her orders, he waited for her return. His eyes wandered around her home. He knew that her interior would be blue and white as those were her favorite colors.  He was surprised that he didn't spot any interior that had the ice mage's face.

"Gajeel-kun," The bluenette walked back into the living room with a blue sphere into her hands.

The iron draysonslayer looked at the object as it looked as if it was made of liquid. He was confused whether she had made the sphere or if Jose was the one to create it. "This sphere grows smaller if any tear drops escape from Juvia," She explained.

The sphere was only a good size about now, and it worried Gajeel that it could decrease. "So, you can't cry?" He asked for clarification.

"Or feel any signs of sadness," She smiled towards her best friend.

"Do you know how to break it? Cause we can always have Levy do research about it," Gajeel suggested as he held the sphere into this own hand.

"True Love Kiss," Juvia answered taking a seat beside him. His eyes grew at the realization that it had to be Gray.

"How are you sure? That sounds way to cheesy, in my opinion," The dragonslayer admitted.

"Juvia was the rainwomen who always felt heartbroken and depressed. Every night she cried because no one ever loved her for who she was. Bora left Juvia for that exact reason. Juvia swore to not fall inlove again," She explained herself looking down at the sphere.

Gajeel looked away feeling sympathetic towards her, "Why don't you just tell Gray? If he knew your life was at risk he can kiss you," Gajeel explained quite confidently as he handed the sphere onto Juvia's arms.

She shook her head, "The curse won't break if Gray-sama knows," She answered as a groaned had escaped from his lips.

He grew annoyed causing him to stand up, "Simple. We will have Gray fall in love with you," Gajeel's lips turned into a wide smirked.

"Juvia doesn't think that will happen,"

Gajeel smacked her head, "It will, I got a whole plan," He announced.