Fifteen

"Juvia? Can I kiss you?" He questioned catching the water mage offguard. Her mouth dropped feeling conflicted. Did he know about it already? If they kissed and he knew— theres no chance of her breaking the curse anymore.

Before she can answered she spotted Gajeel heading towards them. The rain has lighten up since she was no longer feeling the pain. Gajeel must of overheard his question cause he stopped and turned back around with pantherlily pulling him back.

She looked away from them and focused her attention back to Gray, "Gray-sama wants to kiss Juvia?" She questioned still in disbelief.

"The orb shrank when I was holding it," He started placing a hand on her cheek, "I want to give you something that you been waiting for,"

Her eyebrows scrunched up, "Juvia wants your love," She answered moving an inch closer to him, "Juvia doesn't want Gray-sama to feel obligated because of the curse," She explained as she felt her heart was breaking down from every word she was saying.

He remained silent but was searching for an answer to his question. Her eyes were no longer bright and sparkled. How has he not noticed how drained she has been feeling for the past weeks, "Juvia...I don't feel obligated,"

Juvia bit her lip nervous. She slowly nodded her head as she closed her eyes waiting for him to lean in. Gray took the hint and placed his lips on to hers. His arms wrapped around hers pulling her closer towards him.

He softly bit down her lip to tease her as she felt flustered. He gave her another soft kiss before pulling away. Her cheeks were stained red making him chuckle, "Are you okay?" He teased.

Juvia blinked a few times as she looked at him, "Juvia didn't faint," She commented making Gray to burst out laughing.

How was she able to make him feel all warm inside but at the same time bring out a whole different side of him. It was the first time he genuinely felt happy, "Juvia, let me help you up," He stated trying to collect him. He pulled out his arm towards her as she grabbed it and lifted herself up.

She looked back at the mage and wrapped her arms around. He gladly accepted her hug and planted a soft kiss on her forehead, "Lets head back to the cabin,"

Juvia nodded in agreement feeling all fuzzy and happy. She looked up at the sky and it was no longer dark and gray.

Meanwhile with the dragonslayer, he had ran back to the cabin alongside his partner and looked around the room for the orb, "Where did Gray leave it?" Pantherlily questioned as he flew to check in the kitchen.

"Maybe he broke the curse and its gone now," Gajeel answered back rummaging around the dressers. A few minutes passed by, "Its not here. I'm calling Levy," Gajeel pulled out his Lacrima phone and dialed his fiancé number.

"Gajeel? I been waiting to hear from you,"

"Gray broke the curse," Gajeel answered.

"Are you sure?"

"They kissed and Pantherlily and I can't find the or-," The exceed flew in with panic in his eyes. Gajeel stopped talking as he was in disbelief of the glowing orb infront of him, "I don't understand...he kissed her and the orb is still here,"

"It wasn't a true love kiss," Levy informed him.

Gajeel shook his head in disagreement, "He told me that hes been waiting to tell her how he felt. His feelings for Juvia have been there this whole time," He reasoned.

"Bring the orb back and don't tell Juvia it didn't work. It will make her feel devastated,"

Gajeel placed the orb in a bag and handed to his exceed, "Go on ahead. I will catch up once I talk to Gray and Juvia," The exceed nodded in agreement as Gajeel hung up the call at the sound of the door opening.

He looked at the two and they looked horrible, "I think you guys should get a change of clothes," he commented recieving an eyeroll from the mage.

"Juvia go shower," He stated as she nodded leaving the two alone. Gajeel waited to hear the water running in order to talk.

"What should we do about her curse?" Gray questioned as he crossed his arms.

Gajeel shook his head, "Its broken. You broke it with True Love kiss so Juvia is safe and she should be back to her normal self,"

"It was a true love kiss this whole time??" Gray questioned not believing if Gajeel was serious or not, "That seems unrealistic this isn't some folk tale," He agrued but the dragonslayer dismissed it.

"Well the orb is gone meaning that its broken," Gajeel answered patting Gray on his back. The two looked at one another not convinced but he informed Gray that he needs to return to Levy.

Gray walked over to the room and looked around for the glowing orb. It was no where to be seen. He didn't buy the fact the a kiss broke it. Coming to realize, Gajeel must have planted that into his mind. In the heat of the moment, he was scared of losing her and for a second it didn't matter that he wasn't as strong but he wanted to be by her side and make her life fulfilling.

It didn't take long for Juvia to come out of the shower. She felt refreshing and headed into their room to change. Gray was sitting on the bed lost in thought. She tilted her head in confusion as he snapped out of his thoughts, "True Love broke the curse?" He questioned.

Juvia nodded, "Its want Makarov concluded when I first told him about it. Jose knew that no one could ever love Juvia and  he set it up that for every tear that I shed as the rainwomen Juvia's life would be shorten til the orb is gone," She looked down at her hands.

He got up from the bed and walked towards her. It bothered him that she believed no one can love her, "Juvia has Gray-sama," He stated catching her off-guard. She looked up at him and gave him a grateful smile, "We should stay a few more days here before we head back to Magnolia," He informed her. She nodded in understanding as she stepped aside and allowed him to go take a shower.

Was the curse truly broken? She questioned herself looking around the room for the orb.