Three

"Uhh," Juvia groaned as she felt the bright sun enter from the window. Her head was hurting due to her over drinking the night before, and she struggled to sit up from the bed.

She rubbed her eyes as she sat down her arms and felt another figure. Her eyes followed the figure as she saw it was a guy next to her. The scene caused her to redden from embarrassment as she saw she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

Juvia was nervous about looking at the figure's face. She was scared that what if it wasn't Gray, but some random person from the guild. She won't be able to forgive herself if it happens to be someone else.

She quickly stood up as she felt the guy move, he groaned as he pulled the blanket over his head, "Gray-sama?" She questioned as that groaned sounded very familiar.

She peeked over to his side, and was debating whether she should remove the blanket but that would be rude. What if he gets mad? She thought to herself. Juvia looked around the room as it was surely empty, she was surprised that it happened to be plain. She walked quietly outside the room as she saw she was clearly in a small apartment. Almost like hers, but very simple and plain.

Her feet led her to the kitchen as she did feel hungry, and thought that maybe she should also cook breakfast for Gray. She wasn't sure if it was actually him, but deep down she was hoping it was. Her memory was a blur after she kept taking shots on the dance floor, but her last memory was that Gray had taken her hand and led her to dance with him.

Juvia was surprised that she hadn't acted crazy since she knew without a doubt that she would of probably fainted, "Juvia should make Gray-sama pancakes and eggs," She mumbled quietly to herself as she looked inside his fridge and pulled out the eggs, and milk.

Few moments after, the whole apartment smelled good and that smell managed to sneak into the room where the mage was sleeping. He turned around as his nose inhaled the smell of batter and eggs. He placed a hand over his stomach as it growled slightly.

He slowly opened his eyes as he sat up from his blue sheets. He turned to his left where he didn't find the bluenette, "Where did she go?" He questioned as he quickly stood up.

He noticed the smell get stronger and without hesitation he went out of the room and entered his small kitchen. Where he spotted her pouring the eggs on two plates, "Juvia? You cooked breakfast?" He questioned.

She turned around and made eye-contact with him as her heart dropped, "Gray-sama woke up? And, his clothes," She stated as he looked down and saw he was in boxers.

She placed the frying pan down as she looked at him, and then down on her. Her face began to redden at the thought that they had done something the night before. He took noticed at how she remained quiet and was blushing uncontrollably. His eyes widen as he finally placed the pieces together, "Juvia! We didn't do anything," He reassured her as she blushed even more.

She turned around to avoid looking at him, "What happened?" She asked as she carried both plates and sat them down on the wooden table. He followed right behind her and noticed how she had cleaned it and decorated the table with a few plants. He was confused on where she managed to get that, but he knew he had to answer her first.

He took a seat as she joined him, "You got drunk, and I brought you here because you completely knocked out after a while. I did plan to take you home, but my apartment is closer to the guild," He explained as he took a bite of the pancake.

"Gray-sama and Juvia slept in the same bed," She stated as she slightly blushed remembering how she woke up. Gray, on the other hand, looked away avoiding eye contact.

"You didn't want me to sleep on the floor, or couch," He answered.

Juvia nodded as she took a sip of orange juice that she found in the fridge, but halfway she remembered that she wasn't wearing her dress. She placed the cup down and panicked, "Gray-sama saw Juvia naked!" She exclaimed as her eyes closed from embarrassment as she shook her head.

Gray's eyes widen as he recalled helping her changed into the t-shirt and sweats. She could barely stand on her own, and he had to help her take off her dress. He mentally cursed as he forgot to ask for one of the girls to undress the water mage, but he had no choice but to do so.

He remembered as she was half-sleep in his arms as he sat her down on his bed. He grabbed a random t-shirt he found as he placed it over her head before he unzipped the dress. Gray had figured out a plan since his shirt was big on her it fit her like a dress, and that way he can simply pull the dress under and slip on the pants without looking at her naked body.

He knew how reserved she was about her body, and he wasn't going to disrespect her, "Don't worry, Juvia, I didn't see anything," He clarified.

She looked away still blushing madly at the thought, but she had to remember what Gajeel had told her, "T-Thank you, Gray-sama," She exclaimed.

He looked at her wearily expecting a different reaction but it didn't happened. It was starting to bug him since Juvia was never like that, "Juvia are you okay?" He asked concerned and confused.

She raised a brow before she nodded her head rapidly, "Why does Gray-sama asked?"

It was his turn to look away, "You haven't been yourself lately," He explained shifting uncomfortably in his seat.

"Is it bad?"

Gray shook his head, "Juvia, you know you can act like yourself around me, right?" He asked hoping to receive a straightforward answer.

She looked down at her plate as she kept eating. Of course she wanted to act herself, but she knew that he wouldn't like her in the way she needs him too.

The rest of breakfast was silent, Gray was hoping for her to explain her behavior but knew she wasn't going to. He just wanted to know why. The more curious he was, the more he was obsessed with the water mage. Yeah, there's no denial that he cares about her and probably likes her, but he wasn't ready.

Ever since the whole Zeref situation, he knew how she felt about him and he hated that he couldn't do much about it. He was not willing to pursue his feelings if he can't protect the girl he loves.  He knew it was a mistake to make everything back to how it was before even after what he said to her before their last breath, but she only ever brought up once. Which made it easier for his stupid decision to continue.

Juvia after their breakfast had offered to wash the plates, but Gray wouldn't allow her too. He instead offer to walk her home since she probably want to shower and changed out of his clothes. The water mage agreed as they headed out of his apartment.

Both walked in silence enjoying each other's company as they continue to think about their relationship. Juvia was more worried about her curse as she didn't want to die. She couldn't die and leave the ice mage alone. After her sacrifice, it was obvious that he turned into a monster. Ready to kill his best friend because he believed it was the reason everyone he cared about died, "Gray-sama?" She questioned

"Yeah?"

"If something were to happen to Juvia, would you be okay?" She asked.

Gray was surprised as he heard her question, "How can you say that? I wouldn't be okay, I will be mad and angry," He rambled on as she shook her head.

"Would Gray-sama go back into his demon form," She stated as she didn't know the exact word but it was obvious what she was referring to.

He remained silent knowing he couldn't answer that question. His immediate action would probably lead him to avenge her death, "It doesn't matter, because its not going to happen to you," He stated sternly, "And, I will make sure of it," He concluded as she gave him a genuine smile.

Of course she felt all slushy inside, but she felt important to someone especially to Gray-sama. It's something she values even if they don't end up together, she is willing to cherish their friendship.