Sixteen

"Are you sure he kissed her?" Levy questioned as she looked at the orb. Her fiancé had brought it back from them and the group were surrounding her. She didn't understand why the orb was still here. She was a bit taken back at how small its gotten. It made her wonder if everything they put Juvia through was worth it.

Makarov took a step foward, "We won't know until Juvia cries," He answered as the group remained silent.

"What are you trying to say gramps?" Natus questioned. The dragonslayer was impatient the past few days. Erza had discussed with them that their current quest was on hold until they can get Juvia fully healed and once Gray is able to join them.

"The size of the orb means if she cries at least two more times than shes done for," Erza explained as the celestial mage nodded in agreeement, "How are you guys sure the curse will break from a true love kiss,"

Levy bit her lips nervously, "I believe it does have to do with love but maybe its not exactly a kiss," She droned off feeling her cheeks tint from embarrassment. Gajeel made a face not wanting to think about it.

"Marriage?" Natsu questioned oblivous as the rest of the group looked away in embarassment, " If they need a wedding I can plan one,"

Happy looked at his partner confused, "You don't know how to plan one," The exceed mocked receiving a glare from the mage. The two began to bicker but was cut immediately short since Lucy didn't take long to step in and yank him back as she whispered something to his ear. She knew if she didn't tell him he wouldn't shut up.

The group looked over amused on his expression but the mage did not disappoint "Fucking?" Natsu scrunched up his eyebrow, "Ice princess? I actually feel bad for Juvia. That man has not an inch of seduction on him,"

Everyone sent him a raised brow while the celestial mage smacked him. He rolled his eyes before averting his attention back to the guild master, "When they return, I'll have Polyurisca examine Juvia— she would know what other options there are to breaking the curse," He stated getting up from his chair. The rest of the group looked at one another before departing. Levy and Erza stayed behind since Gajeel had no interested listening to the intimate details.

"Is it possible that Juvia doesn't love him like she claims she does?" Erza questioned, "It could be that she has him on a pedestal instead of the connection of true love,"

The old man nodded, "I was thinking the same— its quite possible that she idolizes him to much and she isn't actually inlove. The good thing is that she could fall inlove with him and the curse itself will break," He explained holding up the orb on one hand.

"So we won't tell Juvia about it," Levy stated receiving a nod from the old man. She sighed turning her attention back to the mage. Erza didn't look convinced but nodded her head before excusing herself with Levy.

Meanwhile back at the cottage.

"Goodmorning," The ice mage whispered as he felt the girl in his arms. The past few days were surprisingly nice— he honestly felt stupid on how much he could of been enjoying this sooner if he had confessed early on.

She mumbled turning to face him but digged her face under the blanket. He couldn't help but smile at how Juvia was not much of a morning person. The sun was shining past their windows it honestly baffled him at how she can't even keep her eyes closed.

He turned to face her completely and held her tighter, "We have to head back to Magnolia," he spoke softly as she struggled to open her eyes.

"Juvia would prefer if we left tomorrow," She whispered back as she snuggled comfortably.

The past few days consisted of him helping her get back into shape. He knew that her magic was still weak so he insisted they had to practice. She didn't mind it exactly since he rewarded her with love and affection.

"You don't feel fully recovered?" He questioned placing his hand on her cheek as he softly caressed her soft skin.

"No,"

He moved a piece of her hair away and found her lips as he began to kiss her. He didn't believe her and wanted her to wake her up and this was the only way she will get up.

Startled by his kiss Juvia moved her arm and began to kiss him back. She found herself drowning as he was always so gentle and soft but this specific one felt lustful. Unsure on what to do with her hands she placed one over his shoulder pulling herself deeper into the kiss.

It didn't last long as he pulled away and grabbed her and put her ontop of himself, "You look fine to me," he commented with a smirk.

Juvia looked down at him as her eyes widen. She didn't even realized he had moved her upwards and her cheeks flushed immediately. She got off him and sat on the bed trying to control herself from fainting.

Gray took the opportunity to sit up and pull her towards him as he hugged her from behind, "Do you want to make breakfast while I finish packing?" He questioned only receiving a nod from her. Feeling her uneasiness he leaned towards her ear, "You need to stop getting so flustered,"

Trying to compose herself Juvia got off the bed and heard him chuckle. She crossed her arms, "thats not fair to Juvia," she scolded.

Gray shrugged, "Its funny," He admitted standing up from the bed, "Plus your awake now and looking fully healthy," He pointed out as Juvia let out a sigh.

He raised an eyebrow confused on her reaction, "Is something wrong?" He took a step closer.

Juvia held her arms tight feeling a bit sad that they would not be living together. She had purposely been slowing down their training, "Juvia and Gray-sama won't be living together," She mumbled averting her eyes away.

He looked at her puzzled, "It will be temporary—I'll look for an apartment for the both of us," he explained holding out her.