07 - Dinner

Leah's POV

Dressing for a private dinner with Jennifer was more daunting than I thought. Nothing seemed to be good enough and I didn't have much choices. I went with a as short as can be black dress with a high turtle neck and long, slightly loose sleeves which I paired with black heels and a black clutch. I wore my hair open and wavy and I hoped my outfit would fit the occasion.

 I wore my hair open and wavy and I hoped my outfit would fit the occasion

I arrived at 7:55 and although I met her before, I was nervous. Not as nervous as I've been before, because I knew a little more how she was and everything, but still. I got inside and asked for our table and was led to a table in the corner, very private and not to be seen by other guests easily.

It was empty, which I expected it to be.
„Anything to drink Miss?", the waiter asked me.
„Just a water for now, thank you.", I said and smiled.

At 8:20 I heard louder indistinct chatter from the other guests than before and I knew she was coming.

I got up when I saw her. She wore white high waisted flare pants along with a beige tank top that was stuck into her pants, beige heels and a beige handbag. She too wore her hair open, just a little less wavier than mine.

 She too wore her hair open, just a little less wavier than mine

„Hi Leah.", she said and hugged me.
„Hey Jennifer. Thank you for the invitation.", I said.

She smiled and we sat down, facing each other.
„What would you like to drink, Miss Lopez?", the waiter asked her.
„Water, thank you."
He nodded and gave us the menu.

I could see something wasn't quite right by the expression on her face.
„Can I ask you something?", I asked her.
„Sure."
„Not that I'm not happy about it, because I am, but... why did you invite me? We barely know each other and.. I don't know."

She bit her lip and scrunched her nose.
„Uhm.. I didn't expect you to ask to be honest.", she said and laughed nervously.
„Don't be mad, okay?", she asked.

I scoffed. As if I'd be mad at her.
„The reservation was for Alex and me, but he couldn't make it, so since you've never been I thought I ask you. You're fun to be around, Leah."