NINE

Her head was pounding and her arms and legs felt like lead. Jewels shifted and felt something soft under her back and she was covered. She felt warm and safe.

"Jayden?" She opened her eyes and drew in a breathe. She was in a cave of some sort. She could hear the ocean somewhere in the distance. Pulling the blanket down she tried to sit up but found her was to weak.

"You need to rest." Jewels turned to the entrance and saw a man wearing robes.

"You?"

He walked over and placing a hand under her shoulder lifted her up and placed a glass to her lips. "Drink."

Trusting him she drank without question. Once she finished the glass he laid her back down.

She could think of what to say. Thank goodness he said something first. "I see your still as stubborn."

"If stubborn is wanting justice then yes... Wait last time this happened you said I destroyed Gerzilla. Why didn't you tell me I didn't? And who the hell are you anyway."

"I can not answer your last question as to why I had thought he was destroyed."

She leaned back against the rock. "Why can't you tell me who you are I have a right to know?"

"NO!"

"I demand you tell me who you are!"

He sighed. "You're as stubborn as your mother."

"How would you know my mother?"

He help out his hand and in it was her mother's locket. With a gasp Jewels reached forward and snatched it from him.

"How did you?"

"You dropped it before Gerzilla went for the final strike."

"Thank you."

When he tilted his head and stared at her she looked back. "What are you staring at?"

"You remind me so much of your mother. You know you have her eyes."

"How do you know my mother?"

"You really don't remember do you? If you did you would know who I am."

"Remember what?"

"Think back... Your were 8 or 9 you went exploring and nearly fell off a cliff when something came."

Jewels gasped as a memory long forgotten came back full head.

~~~~~~~Memory~~~~~~

Jewels ran through the woods toward the cliffs near her house. Her mother always told her not to go there but she didn't listen. There were some birds nesting and she wanted to see if they had any babies. Laying on her stomach she looked over the side and smiled about 6 feet down there was a nest and she could see the eggs hatching. She heard someone behind her, she stood up to looked around there was nothing. As she turned to leave the edge beneath her feet shifted and she fell over the side with a scream. But she didn't fall she felt herself being carried.

As she opened her eyes she saw a man was carrying her. She looked up and saw him. He looked scary but he had just saved her. She smiled when he looked down at her.

"Thank you for saving me."

He stopped and sat her on her feet. "You need to be more careful child."

"I will thanks again."

He gently patted her back. "Lets get you home."

She reached up and placed her hand in his. He stopped and looked at her for a second before turning and walking toward home.