Chapter 162: A Witch and A Valkyrie

Acnologia: What is going through your mind?

Acnologia asks. He sees that Natsu is traveling quite fast through the clouds using his lightning body.

Acnologia: Oi Natsu.

Natsu: What?

Acnologia: Why are we heading back to Southern Japan? Are safest bet is to stay in Northern Japan for the time being.

Natsu suddenly stops and strikes down towards the ground landing in Kyoto.

Acnologia: You're not planning on confronting someone from Fairy Tail?

Natsu: Would you just let me do this...

Acnologia: If something bad happens I won't be able to help you. I'm not dying again, because you want to risk seeing Irene.

With those last words Acnologia takes his leave. Natsu is near the outskirts of Kyoto near a field. He lifts his hood over is head and waits. In Fairy Tail, Irene heard the loud thunder over the guilds roof. She caught a quick scent of someone, and her dragon mark began to sting and light up. Irene slowly got up and made her way towards Wendy's room. She sees that she is still asleep recovering from what happened.

Irene: Carla...can you hear me.

She says trying to get into contact with Wendy's exceed. It doesn't take too long before Carla shows up.

Carla: Irene..you called?

Irene: I need you to do me a favor.

Carla: Sure anything.

Irene: I need you to keep this from Wendy. I know the two of you are close. But this is something you mustn't tell her.

The white exceed looks towards her friend then back to Irene.

Irene: I can't ask Pantherlily for this favor, he will eventually tell Gajeel, and Happy...Happy hasn't been seen for a few weeks.

Carla: Yeah...last time I spoke to him he was saying some really strange things. He was mad at Pantherlily and me because we forgot something. I just can't remember what it was. To answer your question, I promise I won't tell Wendy.

Irene: Great..thank you. Can you please fly me to the direction I'm about to give you.

Carla: You're still feeling weak as well?

Irene: I hate to admit it but yeah...

Carla spreads her wings and flies behind Irene.

Carla: Where to?

They fly out the window and Irene begins to direct her on where to go. Twenty minutes later they arrive to where Irene directed Carla.

Irene: Hide behind me okay?

Carla: Right..

The small neko hides behind Irene's long hair. Irene looks towards her mark and notices it's flashing brighter.

Irene: This is the spot.

She looks around the open field. She can feel the soft chill wind blowing making her zip up her sweater. She walks around for a few more minutes until she stumbles upon a sunflower.

Irene: A sunflower? During winter?

She looks up and spots a mysterious individual standing from afar with a hood over its head. She slowly begins to walk closer to this mysterious person. When she is about 6 feet from this person he turns around. Irene is surprised to get found out, as she was walking quietly trying not to get noticed. She immediately grabbed her arm where her mark is. The mysterious person did the same thing.