Chapter 179: Invasion, An unlikley meeting

Acnologia. The most feared dragon to ever exist. Began his normal human life as a medical specialist. Used his magic for healing and was once hailed as the best healer in all the lands. Able to cure almost every wound, every broken bone, every cut he was even rumored to be able to heal traumatic brain injuries such as PTSD, learning disorders, and even physical disabilities. He once had a wife and daughter, lived in a very small village and was even friends with the late great Dragon King Igneel. He helped Igneel on the battlefield when civil war between dragons broke out, and was even praised by Dragon Queen Grandine to be the best healer only second to her. But in war many things can change. The terrain can change, the lives of the people involved, and those who fought in the war can also change. That is what happened to Acnologia. During a job to help another village, he heard news of a nearby village being attacked by dragons. At first he didn't put much mind to this, but when he visibly saw the direction in which the smoke was coming from. He instantly knew that it was his village that was being attacked. Upon his arrival he witnessed the destruction and death of many of his friends in the village. No one was spared. Adult male and females, children and elderly they were all massacred. He couldn't believe his eyes, he couldn't believe that war has arrived at his doorstep. But little did he know that his life would completely change once he arrived home. What he saw then, the death of his wife and daughter was what led this once decorated man, known as best healer in all the lands down a path of revenge and darkness. He turned his back on his closest friend and denied all help from any dragon. Because of a rogue group of dragons that stood against Igneel and his beliefs in working with the humans, is what led to all of the destruction that followed the death of his family.
The Dragon of the Apocalypse became his new moniker. The Black Death. A human who seemed revenge on all of the dragons. A human who from his first kill drank and bathed in the blood of a dragon and continued to do so until he was able to become one himself. A dragon who killed not only the ones who fought for good but the ones who also fought for evil. To him every dragon was his enemy. Every head collected was his trophy and every kill was his ecstasy. A dragon who stood toe to toe against Dragon King Igneel. Battled him for days without stopping, fought him days without eating or sleeping. Fought him until both dragons could not raise a single claw.
Acnologia, the dragon known across the land to know every single spell known to man and a name feared amongst dragons everywhere. After his battle with King Igneel which ended in a draw he went into hiding to heal his wounds. It wasn't until a celestial wizard stumbled upon his home and helped him back to 100%. But during his disappearance the reaming dragons left after the war all began to go extinct. The numbers where already dwindling due to Acnologia going on a killing spree wiping out every dragon he saw. But they fell into the lower numbers due to a massive war that once again pinned dragons against each other. The Great Faction War. A war that saw the end of the once mighty and powerful King Igneel and his beautiful and mighty Queen Grandine. When the news reached Acnologia he was angry beyond belief. He couldn't believe that his once close friend and biggest threat could have died because of measly devils and angels. But then he heard that a new threat suddenly appeared the same night as the death of Igneel and Grandine. Acnologia began to investigate. Every turn he took he came up empty. Every time he tried to find something out about this new threat no one he asked would know, nor would they even say a word. It wasn't until he stumbled upon a battlefield that consisted of the three factions. It wasn't until then when he finally began to get a better picture of how big this new threat was. A man with pink hair, red piercing eyes, and a scaly scarf. Those where the descriptions given to him by all three factions of the man who was decimating armies of soldiers each and every day. This included nine others who followed this mysterious man and made quick work of battles that previous to his arrival, lasted days.
E.N.D. A demonic name for a very powerful being. A name that struck fear amongst devils, fallen angels and angles alike. No longer did the name Acnologia strike fear, it has now become a name of the past. He gave up on trying to find this E.N.D, besides it was a demon, a being he had no interest in. He later heard rumors this same being had killed God and Satan. Two powerful beings, two beings who had followers, considered to be the pinnacle of power, admiration and glory on both sides. This once again grabbed Acnologia's attention. How can a demon defeat God and Satan. Something like this is absurd, this has never happened before. How can a demon be so strong? That's when it finally hit Acnologia. This E.N.D must be a dragon. Unfortunately for Acnologia after the war everything had gone absolutely silent. Nothing else has been heard of this demon, it's like he disappeared off the face of the earth. But yet again, there's always a much bigger threat looming in the darkness.
The Black Wizard, Zeref. An immortal man, said to be cursed to see those he loves die. It wasn't until these two power houses stumbled upon each other and had a battle. Just like his battle against Igneel, this fight lasted days, even weeks. Same amount of destruction everywhere, the terrain changed due to this fight, and battle scars left behind to remember that day. But unlike his battle against Igneel, during this fight both men walked away coming to an agreement. Unlike his fight with Igneel in with both dragons walked away severely injured and having to have months to heal. This fight left both men able to walk away and come to a deal as well.
"Let's call this fight a draw." Said the immortal emperor. Acnologia simply looked on at the wizard still wanting to fight him, still wanting a defining winner. "If we keep fighting there will be no clear victor. At the end everything around us will be destroyed as our power is too great for this land to withstand such might." Acnologia reluctantly agreed. "Then let's make a deal." Said Acnologia. "If we do meet again, no matter how long our fight lasts, no matter how much destruction and death this will cause. We will determine a winner." "Agreed." Said Zeref.
With that both men left there own separate ways never to cross paths again. That is until today. It's winter in Japan. There's an invasion going on, and the fight has just begun. Two of the Spriggan 12 have been defeated with still ten left remaining. Natsu has made his presences felt. Things are looking good for Southern Japan as it's protector has come back home. But inside the dragons mind, it's a whole other story. The once proud and mighty Acnologia, the one who has killed over hundreds of dragons and the most feared entity is now a mentor to Natsu. Having stumbled upon each other in a village that housed dragons who escaped both the Dragon Civil War, and Faction War. Saw the death of Acnologia, slayed by the one they call the Demon Dragon. Having witnessed first hand the man who defeated God and Satan. He was forgiven by back then current Dragon King, for all of his transgressions. Even though his heart was filled with hate, he was surrounded by those who loved him. This love didn't allow for anymore of that hate to consume the young dragon. When Acnologia saw this as his last good deed he decided to let Natsu drink his blood in order to grow stronger. He did go through some minor changes in attitude and power but what he didn't expect this for him to be part of Natsu. That is how we arrive in todays events.
Unknowingly to the young dragon, the block Acnologia has placed on his mind for any outside interference has been slightly lowered and has made it possible for the Immortal Wizard known as Zeref to peak, and be able to talk to him.