𝟏 || 𝐀 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

The castle of Evergreen was silent, shadows hoarding corners and the darkness of the early morn blanketing the many rooms of what once was such a lively, grand castle. 

The death of Queen Inko Midoriya was tragic for the Kingdom. Her presence always filled a room with laughter and happiness, until a great epidemic swept through the Monarchy like a hurricane, taking the Queen with it. 

With no husband, no brethren, or sistren to take over, she left the role to her only son, Izuku, who was just 14. 

The prince paced swiftly through the arches of the hallway, a clear destination in mind; The window on the second floor shone a monotone grey light through, and a view of the lush trees and empty streets of the Evergreen Kingdom. 

The prince usually loved to see this view, even on overcast days, but the sight just made him feel sick and lonely. It was Inko who had started the tradition of looking out the window to view their Kingdom ― as she acclaimed it ― that was now his Kingdom to watch over and protect. A Kingdom that he had not expected to inherit so soon, or at least before his 18th birthday. 

Now... it was all his, just tomorrow, as he takes the role of King. 

The young teen felt his lip quiver at the thought. He hadn't cried since his mother passed, an unusual occurrence considering him and his mother were both known to shed a tear with even the slightest ounce of worry or sadness. 

However, there was much more filling his head than worry. 

It was pain, guilt, sadness, grief... Things he never got a second to even think of due to the fact he was just... occupied. 

Even though the castle staff was quite reluctant to the idea of their young prince inheriting the throne so early, they wouldn't betray the Queen's will for anything, even if that meant letting an omega of 14 years old operate their pay and the Kingdom. The Monarch was much too kind and loyal, despite holding no dominance in the social ranks ― being a beta ― let alone being a widow to a husband who ran off when Evergreen had rebelled against their unfair King. 

Although that happened mere years before Izuku was born, he knew the stories by heart and vowed to never be his father. 

However... there is just no way he could be his mother, either. 

══════࿅ ༻ ♛ ༺ ࿅ ══════

The Center Castle stood proud and tall, hosting many royals wearing their finest clothing. It was a coronation after all. 

When the young prince entered through the door, all eyes turned to him and many crowns lowered in respect as he passed, although most of them had none for the omega. 

The golden light reflecting on the soon-to-be King's attire and metallic dressings created a glow to his presence, masking how nervous and small he felt. He held a pinched, grave expression as he walked down the bright red carpet that would lead to his rebranded role of the Evergreen Kingdom. 

Internally, Izuku felt this his walk was more of a dance to death. 

His pace was slow, as he was directed to do so, and after what felt like hours of pacing in one direction, he stopped. 

The lead Peacekeeper of the Center, Toshinori Yagi, gave the omega a smile of reassurance, and Izuku proceeded to drop to one knee. 

The chorus quieted from above, and white noise encased the room. A silver-edged sword was placed on his shoulder, blunt to prevent injuries or ruin to clothing, and a representation of peace and mercy.