𝟐 || 𝐍𝐨 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

𝟑 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫...

The young King sat at his desk, hugging his knees to his chest as he tried to sort through piles of parchments that seemingly had no meaning. His mother was very organized, but after her passing, everything had piled up, and Izuku had no right to it until he was crowned King.

'None of this even makes sense! How could Mother possibly sign all of this when the hand script is terrible!?' he thought, raking a hand through his messy hair. It had been a little while since he had washed it, and it certainly needed it. However, his nights were spent attempting to sleep, and his days were busy. If he had a lick of free time, it was usually taken by something other than paperwork or sleep or eating. Perhaps even training himself in swordsmanship.

'Wake up. Do work. Eat something. Do more work. Eat again. Go to bed. How come Mother had free time for me? How come...' 

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. His assistant and second in command of the Army, Shoto Todoroki, had entered the room. 

"Your mother had time for you because she worked very hard during the mornings and evenings. Even then, she organized her things and had a schedule for everything." The double-color-haired alpha answered, a lick of accusation and venom dripping from his words. 

Ah. He must've been muttering. Again. 

"Good morning to you too, Todoroki-kun..."  The omega answered, ready to hear an earful of things that also needed to get done. 

"Yaoyorozu informed me that we still are in need of supplies. You are aware that Ivory has not returned the favor, correct?"

"Yes, I understand. I'm sorry..."

"...And you realize that she and the tailor need to fit you for more garments, correct? 

"I-I know... I'm sorry..." 

Izuku's voice wavered as the anger of the alpha rose, along with a peppermint scent that infiltrated his sinuses. He knew it wasn't just talking to Izuku that ticked Shoto off, it was the very presence of the omega that just truly made him angry. He had served Evergreen for years, and being ruled by a 14-year-old was not what he intended to spend his life doing.

"The tapestries in the front are beginning to look sun-washed. They must be replaced at once."

"O-of course..." 

"Oh, and how is it that you can't make it through that small stack of paperwork on your lonesome? You spend all day in here doing what? Her highness Midoriya could raffle through that in less than a week and you've spent three! Where have your studies gone to?" 

"I...Understand, I-I'm sorry..."

"And for god's sake, you don't have to apologize as long as it gets done!" 

Izuku remained silent. What else could he do? Todoroki was a very strong alpha, a very good fighter, and trusted by his mother to protect Izuku at any cost. However, that held no prevention to his rage. He just couldn't find Izuku's position quite fair at all, and couldn't hold his tongue for the dear life of him. A trait he inherited from his father, who ruled the Inferno Kingdom. He had left there when he turned 18 for Evergreen, and never left when he endured such kindness from the townspeople, and eventually the Queen herself. 

This omega just... wasn't an exception. It wasn't right, and felt in no way lawful that he could be King before he had even fully touched on his studies. 

Todoroki turned on his heel and swiftly exited the room. Once he left, Izuku stood up with a sigh, knowing that he could re-read the same paper 15 times and not have a clue what it meant. No point in doing it if it didn't mean getting work done or progressing. He needed an escape, something just for a few moments until he was pulled back to reality by the harsh ropes of responsibility.