~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙣𝙚: 𝙇𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙞𝙣 𝙍𝙚𝙙 ~

While the Umbrellas were downstairs chattering with their thought-to-be dead father, A young woman was sitting on her ceiling, reading through the travel guide she had read dozens of times, admiring the scenic locations and all the fun facts and information they had to offer. Each location was marked with different colored sticky notes, ranging from the places she wanted to visit as soon as possible like Greece and Spain, to the ones where she figured she could wait to visit maybe during the holidays. 

But if only leaving were that simple.

Since her birth, Sloane was bound to the Sparrow Academy. And every time she thought about packing her things and leaving, she couldn't stop thinking about her siblings, and how much she would miss them, no matter how many times they might've gotten on her nerves. We're a family, we stick together. Marcus always said. That quote ran through her head a dozen times a day. Suddenly, an alarm blared, pulling Sloane out of dreamland and back to reality. Exhaling a quiet breath, she flipped upside down and tossed the book onto her bed.

Fei, what's going on?" the brunette questioned as she stepped into the hallway, catching glimpse of her sunglassed sister. "I don't know, Sloane. But we need to check it out," Fei responded before continuing down the hall. What is going on? Does father have another mission for us? she wondered. Sloane followed close behind, and as she stood next to the balcony that peered down into the living room, she could see seven individuals, mostly dressed in black talking to their father. "Who are these people?" She whispered to Alphonso. "Beats me," Sparrow Four replied with exasperation.

"This is the Sparrow Academy," Reginald announced. The group turned around, their eyes widening at the sight of the Sparrows. "Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" Ben demanded. The Umbrella's mouths dropped at the sight of him, and they all said one word, "Shit." A man with large muscles stepped closer to Ben and asked if it was really him. To this, Ben just squinted and crossed his arms.

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Diego shouted towards the Sparrows. "Uh, Dad just told you. Is your hearing aid not working?" Jayme replied. Some of the Sparrows snickered at her comment. With a skilled hand, Marcus told them to follow him to the main level, and they all trailed close behind. "I'm sorry, what do you mean by your children? That's not possible, old man," a boy wearing a school uniform scoffed. "Of course it is! I think I'd know, wouldn't I?" Reginald responded.

"Everybody else can see Ben, right?" a man with a goatee and cowboy hat pointed to Ben. "Cute hat, Sundance," Ben replied with a fake smile as the man slightly tipped his hat in his direction. "Who are you, and what are you doing in our home?" Marcus questioned. Before the Umbrellas could speak, Reginald explained on their behalf. "They call themselves the Umbrella Academy, a group of scheming perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 while I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn."

A scoff came from the woman with long black hair and a cape. "Claim? Look Five, what the hell is going on?" She looked toward the teen. "I don't know, but it's concerning," Five responded. Part of Marcus didn't want to think the Umbrellas were stalkers, but since he was the leader of the pack, he couldn't risk any of them getting hurt by the sudden visitors. "Is he telling the truth?" he asked.

The Umbrellas talked over one another, trying to make their father's statement a little less harsh. "We're amateur-fidious at best," the man in the cowboy hat explained. "But this is our house, we grew up here. All of us," the blonde Umbrella spoke up. "I kind of think we would've noticed you," Sloane said, catching glimpse of the woman standing a foot or two away from the ape-man.