~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙊𝙣𝙚: 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙔𝙤𝙪... ~

The Sparrow Academy was now been filled with nothing but cheers, laughter, and the popping of Champagne bottles. Astrid had never been so happy in her entire life as she and her family lived to see another day, and this could finally mark the end of their adventures time traveling and stopping apocalypses, doomsdays, and now kugelblitzes. She sipped on her flute, dancing along with Sloane as the remaining Sparrows started blasting old hits.

She could see the spark of hope in her girlfriend's eyes, something that caught her attention from the beginning. And now, they could start that future both of them envisioned. Astrid pulled Sloane close, slowly rocking back and forth together as she inhaled the sweet candy scent of Sloane's hair. "I love you so much," Astrid whispered. "I love you too, Triddy," Sloane replied, interlocking her fingers with Astrid's. They never separated during the whole party, their love was so strong that they couldn't bear to be apart from one another.

But eventually, Astrid found herself pulling away to go to the bathroom. And as she finished washing her hands in the sink, a familiar gleam around her neck caught her eye. It was the chain of her necklace. Reaching inside her shirt to pull them out, she glanced down at the two rings, remembering the days when she wondered what to do with them. And as the times with Sloane replayed in her mind faster than the speed of light, Astrid finally figured out what to do with them.

And the thought of asking that fateful question made her both nervous and happy.

"Oh, I'm sorry! Are you using it?" Luther gasped as he covered his eyes, hoping not to see Astrid indecent. "Actually, I just finished," Astrid clarified, her gaze still locked on the rings. Luther slowly uncovered his eyes to see his sister was telling the truth. "Okay, good. But if I may ask, if you're done, what are you doing?" He asked. Astrid finally looked up at him, unable to properly form her thoughts into words. "Uh... just thinking," She answered. "Is it something you want to talk about?" Luther inquired. It wasn't until he followed Astrid's gaze back to her necklace, trying to recall if he saw it before.

"Call me out if I'm wrong, but haven't you worn that since we were kids?" Astrid nodded in confirmation and unclasped it from her neck, taking off the rings. "I've been waiting to figure out what I should do with them. Now, I've realized the answer has been in front of me for the past few days," Astrid smiled. " I think it's time me and Sloane started our lives together,"

Luther's jaw dropped in surprise, but through his shock, he was happy for his sister. Finally, she was getting the happy ending he had hoped for her. "You deserve to be happy, Trid. I can see Sloane brings out the best in you," Luther nodded. With the biggest grin, Astrid hugged him as tightly as she could, thanking him for his endless support. "Of course, I made that promise to you, and I'll never break it," Luther assured. As they pulled apart and Astrid stepped out of the bathroom, she walked down the hall to Sloane's room, knowing the perfect way to pop the question. She picked up the travel guide from the desk, grabbed a few highlighted sticky notes, and got straight to work.

~~~~~~~~~~

Pouring herself a third glass of Champagne, Sloane rested against one of the pillars, awaiting the return of her girlfriend. But as the minutes ticked by and Sloane continued to slowly sip her drink, Astrid was still a no-show. What's taking so long? Is she okay? She set her glass down and walked to the staircase, nearly colliding with Luther as she reached the top step. "Hey, Luther. Is Astrid doing okay? She's been gone for a while," Sloane asked.