~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚: 𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝘼𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝘼 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙘𝙚? ~

Astrid and Sloane's make-up makeout lasted for what could have been hours, but in reality, it probably lasted about only twenty minutes before they had the strength to pull apart. Sloane found herself in her girlfriend's lap, straddling her as her hands softly tugged at her blonde hair. Though her arm was still sore from the impact back in the lobby, she refused to let pain get in the way. Every kiss tasted sweeter than the last, almost like the two had eaten the sweetest candy known to women. They were both addicted and could feel nothing but adrenaline and pleasure.

"I should probably get home," Sloane whispered as she lay her head on Astrid's chest. "I can't let you go," the Shadow Girl answered. With a loving smile still on her lips, Sloane looked down at her, gently caressing Astrid's cheek. "I don't want to let you go either. But Jayme and Alphonso deserve a proper burial," she smiled. "What I mean is, I can't let you leave. According to my sister, you're a hostage," the Umbrella clarified. Allison's words from back at the spa echoed in Sloane's head as she remembered that Astrid was not allowed to let her out of her sight.

"Right, that," Sloane sighed, getting off her lap. "Most of my family already thinks I'm a traitor. So, I can't-" Astrid tried to speak. "No, I get it. My family is probably plotting vengeance," Sloane nodded understandingly. The room filled with awkward silence. Now that the romantic moment between them was over, how else could they break away from the reality of their situation? "So, I guess we just... go back to fighting until everybody's dead..." Astrid shivered as the image of her family lying dead on the ground flashed before her eyes. Without a truce, Ben wouldn't stop till the Sparrows were the last ones standing.

Suddenly, Sloane got an idea. Maybe they didn't have to fight to the death. Maybe there was a way to bring peace between the two families. "We can put an end to this and still be together, Trid," She spoke up, taking Astrid's hand in hers. "How?" The Shadow Girl questioned. Sloane looked at the door and the nearby vent resting on the ceiling, leaning in close for only Astrid to hear.

~~~~~~~

"Are you serious?" Allison scoffed as she and the rest of the Umbrellas listened to Astrid present them with her and Sloane's plan. "We can use Sloane as an olive branch. We let her go as a gesture of peace, along with the bodies of Jayme and Alphonso," Number Eight offered. "Once I'm back with my family, I can convince them the old guy had nothing to do with you and get them to stand down," Sloane finished.

Diego's eyes squinted as he turned his attention to his sister. "You really want to let her go after attacking us? No way," He shook his head. "Me attacking you? I lost two of my siblings to you and your murder troll!" Sloane snapped. But Astrid quickly calmed the situation before they lost the case completely. "Again Slo, Harlan is not with us," She gently reminded. "Well, he's not not with us," Diego pointed out, making Astrid shoot him a look that silently said, Shut up!

"He was just trying to protect me. I helped take care of him as a kid while we were stuck in Dallas," Viktor jumped in. "Listen, this only works if I can convince my family he isn't a part of your team, so is he with you or not?" Sloane sighed. "Harlan saved our asses. He can stay here as long as he wants. You know what, Ast? He can sleep on your couch since you're sleeping with the enemy," Diego sneered.

"Enough!" Luther interjected. "Astrid is still a part of our family, no matter how pissed off some of you may be," Luther defended, standing between her and his brother. "Guys, stop it!" Viktor swooped in, looking over his shoulder at Sloane. Next to Astrid and Luther, he seemed to be one of the very few Umbrellas who wanted to give this plan a chance. "Having an ally on the inside could help us right now," He admitted.