~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙁𝙤𝙪𝙧: 𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧 ~

Hours passed since the Hargreeves Seven checked themselves into the Hotel Obsidian. And after adjusting to their temporary residence, a few of the siblings ordered Chinese takeout. Seated around one of the small circular tables near the bar, Astrid, Luther, Diego, and Klaus dipped their chopsticks into the red and white boxes. Astrid took a bite out of one of the mini eggrolls, relieved to finally eat something after days of anxiety attacks and fighting for her life.

Halfway into her meal, the sounds of slurping and hurried eating made her look up. "You should try chewing. You might actually taste the food," Klaus murmured, shaking his head. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught Astrid sighing at her brother's frenzied act. "I swear, they have no manners," Klaus whispered into her ear. "Oh come on, I haven't eaten in days!" The Apeman rolled his eyes.

A set of footsteps approached the table, and they all looked up to see Five dressed in a white fluffy robe with a big smile on his face. Something that the siblings didn't see often. "What's wrong? You look happy," Luther spoke through another mouthful of noodles. "I am plenty happy. Had a nap and a shvitz, what else does a man need?" Five answered, taking the empty chair between Astrid and Diego.

"Brothers who don't eat like barn animals?" Ast teased. Diego glared at her as his food hung halfway out of his mouth. Luther on the other hand, just rolled his eyes, thinking Diego took her comment too seriously. "Anyway, I've been thinking through our little timeline snafu, and I'm pleased to report that in my professional, expert opinion, we are totally in the clear," Five spoke up. "Really? No new apocalypses? No Swedish Mafias?" Klaus questioned.

"Well, there is one... small thing. But it's nothing we can't manage," Five admitted. His brothers and sister bit back quiet sighs as there was always a catch when everything seemed back to normal. While his siblings looked at him, questioning what it was, Five looked through the unopened takeout boxes. "Spit it out, boomer!" Diego pulled the time traveler's attention back to them. "Fine Diego, it's like this. Dad didn't adopt us as babies, but those babies still existed here. We just grew up in different places with different people,"

Astrid's eyes widened the more Five continued, claiming there was a chance they each had an identical version of themselves living life outside of the Academy's clutches. Luther gasped as he recalled having heard his brother say something very similar the day they went to confront Five's older self. "Our doppelgangers!" He sputtered. "Isn't that a made-up word?" Astrid squinted. "No! I learned all about this in Texas! Tell them about the paranoid psychosis, Five!"

"Whoa, hang on! I thought you said this wasn't a problem anymore!" Diego interrupted. "Calm down. Technically if you're near your doppel for too long, you'll go insane. So, if you see your other self..." Before Five could finish, they all jumped in, guessing his response was either kill or sleep with them. "AVOID them," Five finished with a hint of annoyance. "What is the matter with you?" Luther looked to the eccentric brother. "As if you wouldn't climb Luther Mountain," Klaus smirked.

"Five, how are we supposed to guarantee we don't cross paths with ourselves?" Astrid inquired. "It's easy. We're the Benetton ad of superheroes, sis. Born all over the world until Dad brought us here, which he no longer did. Doppels probably aren't in the same time zone as us." Maybe we won't even come into contact with them! Astrid shrugged before taking a sip of her mojito. Diego excused himself and walked down the hall towards the bathrooms. But something seemed off. In his right hand, he twirled one of his blades.