~ 𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩: 𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝘿𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 ~

Watching Luther and Diego argue back and forth over Diego's lack of parenting was like watching the most uninteresting episode of a tv show on repeat. No matter what it was the two were arguing about, it made everyone watching roll their eyes and turn their heads as they tried to block out the sound. They had given up on separating the two a long time ago, as it would only result in a breakout brawl. And the last thing they needed was to get kicked out of the hotel for destruction of property.

Eventually, Diego walked off in a huff as he went to discipline Stanley. While the drama was ensuing, Five slowly crept out of the room and went down the hall to the Oasis and Spa. The only ones left were Astrid, Allison, Viktor, Klaus, and Luther. Breaking the ominous silence, they returned to the topic Astrid had brought up previously, the disappearing citizens. "Let me get this straight. You were walking down the street and you saw a wave of blue light. And then a second later, the wave comes back taking everyone off the street?" Allison recapped as she poured herself a shot of Tennessee Whiskey. "Yes Allison, I've explained that at least three times," the Shadow Girl sighed, bending over the pool table as she covered her exhausted face.

"Well now that you mention it, people aren't the only ones who have gone missing," Viktor spoke up. "Really? What else?" Astrid questioned. "A shit ton of cows!" Klaus spoke up, setting an opened leather journal on his chest. "Not to mention, Chet's dog. I saw him whistling and calling out for him at breakfast," Luther added. As the missing animals and persons kept tallying up, all Astrid could do was think about what Five had said, how everything was supposed to be back to normal although with a few differences.

Everywhere we go, there's always a new problem. Whoever's taking these people... has to be bigger than an average doomsday or apocalypse. "Marcus was supposed to meet up with us earlier, but he never showed," Allison tilted her head back as she stood next to Viktor. "Do you think this grandfather thing ate Marcus?" Luther inquired. "Wait, what grandfather thing? Is there some angry supernatural grandpa out there?" Astrid cut in, still not entirely brought up to speed.

"No, there's no actual grandpa. At least I don't think," Luther approached the distraught-looking Klaus, gently prying the booklet from his hands as he groaned in protest, his face drooping into one of depression. The Ape-man flipped through the pages and set it in front of Astrid, revealing the photos of seven women, each with a headline talking about their unexpected deaths. "These are our mothers, they're all dead. They all died on the same day, October 1st, 1989,"

"But that's our birthday. How could they die the day we were born?" Astrid's eyebrows quirked with confusion. "That's the thing. They died right before they could give birth to us," Luther answered. If we weren't born, how come we exist here? Luther slowly nodded at her question. Even though she didn't verbally say it, the look on her face spelled it out perfectly. "According to Five, when we jumped here, we created a time paradox. And it's called "The Grandfather Paradox," Number One recapped.

The Shadow Girl stood there for a moment, her mind continuing to comprehend this new situation. But even with the explanation, there were so many questions, but they all had access to were very few answers. "And now, because of this paradox, the Sparrow psychopaths think we took their Number One. We're never gonna get the briefcase back," Allison exhaled a frustrated breath. It all seemed hopeless, not only were the Sparrows after them, except for Astrid's secret lover, but now a grandfather paradox was taking people with every wave of light.

"Hang on, what if... What if we just told them the truth? Marcus is gone, and maybe we're partially responsible," Viktor suggested. "That'll go over well, they'll throw us a party," Allison scoffed. "I wonder what kind of parties they throw," Luther wondered. Trust me, Luther. You wouldn't want to be stuck in a room with a threatening Ben. I doubt he's fun at parties. Astrid internally rolled her eyes.