Chapter 1

Its a long Chapter...also, don't forget to leave in line comments. I am so looking forward to connect with you all.

“Fiza! Fiza!” Fiza cursed listening to her eldest brother, Jabran calling for her. “Aunt, papa is calling for you.” Ahmed pointed.

“It’s all on you, troublemaker. Hold this kite for me. And, don’t you dare tell your mom…”

“Fiza!” Jabran cried out again and Fiza who was busy flying a kite on the rooftop skipped the stairs in a hurry. Her long hair was braided tightly but she covered her hair with her scarf making her way to her brother. “How can you be so careless? The whole place is a mess…” Fiza looked around their living area and hissed looking at all the mess that her pet cat had made.

“I am sorry. I must have forgotten to fill her bowl. You know she…”

“Shut up! Salma will be coming any time. You love making her mad. Don’t you! You enjoy…”

“I am sorry. I will…” Fiza was cut off by her sister-in-law Salma coming. “Who the hell got Ahmed his kite? I told you he won’t play. Jabran, she is the reason why my boy is doing poorly in his studies. Get her out of here.” Jabran held his head before looking at Salma clueless. “Stop yelling. Will you? Your son isn’t three years old. You know how he blackmails. And, Fiza is not a cat I can throw out of here. The day I get a reasonable suitor,...”

“A reasonable suitor!” Salma scoffed. “…you are doing it for the last three years. Have you gotten a reasonable suitor?” Salma taunted while Fizza lowering her head scurried off to the kitchen. She was still to make the lunch and knew she was going to get an ear full from Salma for this.

“I can’t wed her off with your thirty year old cousin, Salma. What will people say?” Fiza heard her brother.

“Remember that reasonable suitor will demand a huge dowry.” Salma taunted.

“As if your cousin doesn’t want any dowry.”

“My cousin or not. I just want her out of here. And, we don’t really have to give a lot. Your brother and sisters are going to help.”

“They will…but at least I have to find…”

“Why can’t they find someone…” They kept arguing for fifteen minutes straight. Even her nephew, Ahmed knew Fiza was a burden and should pay doing the house chores.

“She hasn’t completed her graduation. Boys nowadays prefer graduated girls. Salma, if it was in my hands I was going to marry her off in the evening. But mama is alive. She won’t agree to just anyone…” Fiza wasn’t attending any college but was going to attend the exams for her graduation in economics. She was average in her studies. And, this indeed gave Salma a point to prevent her college as a regular student.

Salma was a lecturer in the college and someone had to be home to take care of Fiza’s mother. Fiza loved her mother dearly. She was the only person who has never told Fiza how much she has done for her. Except for her mother even her nephew Ahmed has done a lot of favours for her and never misses to mention it.

Fiza wasn’t allowed to have friends. In fact, it got pretty bad when one of her friends from school came to see her two years back. Salma has convinced girls with friends who go to college could be a source for the girl to go spoilt. Fiza was never allowed to go shopping alone and had to rely on Salma or twelve-year-old Ahmed to get her chocolates or any stuff in between.

“Don’t tell me lunch isn’t ready. I am diabetic. Do you want to kill me?” Fiza looked at Salma before she managed to stutter. “Mom wasn’t feeling good. And, then Ahmed came from the school. He wanted parathas for the lunch. I am almost done here.” Salma used to have quite simple food. It wasn’t hard to set food for her. Fiza got busy making the salad for her while Salma couldn’t stop.