Chapter 7

Fiza gasped and looked around before taking notice of Kamran standing. Kamran had splashed a glass of water on her face and she couldn't help but rub the left side of her face to wipe off water. She was too ashamed wondering if she had made Kamran concerned for her health.

"You ok!" The coldness in his voice only made her more alert. She was quick to nod her head and saw him walking back to the kitchen. Seeing him trying to heat the food she offered.

"Let me do it." He took a step back as if telling her why not and Fiza got up all the while dabbing her face with her scarf that she had on her neck only. She was extremely uncomfortable with her wet shirt now and wondered why he had to splash the whole glass of water on her. She was about to get the plates but jumped when she found him kicking the chair beside the kitchen. At first, she doubted if it was an accident but one look at his face was enough to tell her he was mad. She wonders what made him violent to kick the chair. Or was she imagining things? But his face tells her it was something else.

"Is everything fine?" She asked but he raised his brows and shook his head.

"You think it's normal?" Fiza bit her mouth wondering how it was her mistake if she got dizzy.

"I am sorry." She mumbled and moved fast to serve him dinner. But when he didn't touch a thing she knew she couldn't ignore him. "Is there..."

"What's wrong with you? You are what? Nineteen? Young, right? How can you be so weak at this age?"

Extremely puzzled looking at the vein popping at his head she only mumbled again. "Sor...sorry." Clasping her hands she didn't dare to look up. Or she knew she will be a sobbing mess. And, when he finally held the spoon she got the chance to rub a tear off her left eye. "...Look, you can't get sick here. It's too expensive to get sick here. Do you get me?" This time his voice wasn't loud but Fiza could still notice the frustration.

"Yes," She replied,

He started with the meal and Fiza waited for him to say something about her first meal when he said.

"Hello? What are you doing standing here? Get me a glass of water?" Fiza looked at him without breathing before she hurriedly walked away to pour a glass of water for him. She wonders if he can't see it was all new to her. Why can't he try to be soft? Why every word has to be a taunt?

She wanted to apologize but was too scared to voice it when she placed a glass of water for him.

The more she wanted him not to get mad. He seemed disappointed. Holding her scarf she dabbed her face. Her eyes dared to spill tears again when Kamran yelled. "What! Are these fucking tears!" He asked forcing the glass on the table with a thud. Fiza jumped and looked at him with tears in her eyes. He could notice the tinge of complaint in her eyes. As if he was wronging her.

"I..." She trailed off. She wanted to tell him that she was burning with a fever since morning but when she couldn't make the words out of her throat she made a run for the bedroom. Falling on the bed she couldn't help her heart out. "You didn't!" She heard Kamran growl and soon find him coming after her. The moment she registered him storming through the bedroom door she shivered getting up from the bed. He looked too murderous and she was clueless about what to do.

Holding her arms he jerked her twice. "How dare you walk out on me? I was talking!" Her long hair fell to her face and she gasped registering the murderous grip on her arms.

"I am sorry, please...I...I have a fever. I am sorry, Kamran!" She didn't even know why he was so angry at her. But what she realized at the moment was that she was scared of him. Too scared.

She could only wonder what she did wrong. Or what he wanted from her. "Oh, my bride has a fever. What do you want me to do! Get on your service! Who is going to look after my place? Who has the dime to spend on your stupid fever? I have spent a lot to get you here. Do you even realize that? Do you Fiza!"