Dishonorable

I have tracked the line of killings to the Forest of Forgotten Deaths. Whoever is behind all of this must think the billowing winds and thick fog are enough to shield them from their crimes. The spirits of this forest disagree for they have shown me a clear path to the criminal. I steel myself for the coming battle, my katana preemptively parted. The deep footprints in the forest's thick mud left me to find a warm glow flowing from a clearing I had not known about here in the forest.

"What is it that you plan to do, now that you have found me?" The person asked, apparently sensing my presence as soon as my foot touched the clearing grass.
"You have slain innocents and stolen from the poor. You will be brought to Justice, alive or dead." I responded calmly, stepping closer to them.

The murderer chuckled and stood from the flame, facing me.
"You are brave, Kyuko Sagaki. However, you know not of my actions' origin. Only the end result. Raiders are what you find in the roads and nearby village. Thieves who know nothing of honor, of fairness. I understand that the world is very cruel. Though, stealing from the poor as you accuse me is unforgivable. I only kill those blind enough to ignore this. If you will excuse me, my fish is-"

"You speak of honor and fairness as if it is something common. You speak like the samurai. I believe I know who you are as well, Ogu."
"Guilty as charged, Kyuko. This means you are here for more than petty thievery, yes?"
"I will avenge the death of my brothers and sisters. At all costs."

Ogu removed her helmet revealing a disgustingly malicious and toothy grin, katana withdrawn shortly after.
"I'm gonna enjoy rippin' you to shreds!!" She simply shouted, dashing towards me.

A tiring and painful battle was fought that night. As I feel the embrace of the rising Sun, I bury the body of my old friend in the center of the clearing. This was a difficult task, yet a simple one. I do not feel as though my journey is over, my duty fulfilled.

A quick combing of Ogu's small camp revealed the next destination for vengeance: Takashima at the foot of the volcano. As a souvenir, I also took two memoirs of the clearing in this forest: The sheath belonging to the only warrior to have survived a year here named "Urashima" in his tales as homage to the folktale of Urashima Tarō, and Ogu's lucky shogi piece, the bishop. It is tied to Urashima's sheath as I am escorted by the spirits out of the forest and the wind shows me where I am to find a boat...