MY Castle

I descended the dungeon stairs to see our new prisoner laid flat on the stone, bruises and blood covering his face and clothing.
"Why did you come here, boy? Do you truly believe you could have made a difference?" I calmly interrogated, taking a seat across from him.

He looked at me right in the eye and laughed. "Make a difference?" He continued to chuckle, "Nah, you've got the wrong idea. I'm here for the King and Queen's hands. The power they hold is beyond anything the world's seen and I want it."
"You follow a flawed and dangerous path, then. Further than just your infiltration of our defenses."
"You tellin' me you know what they can do?"
"I am telling you to abandon the sheer thought of it, Draco. Lest you-"
"How d'you know, huh? How can you know what's to come from a power you know nothin' about?!"
"Watch your tongue. These are real forces beyond you and I as mortals that you so freely speak on."
"Still didn't answer my question, jerk!"
"We are done here." I finished, motioning for the guards to return Draco to his cell.

"Ha! The idiot can't explain himself 'cause he's all talk! I'll get outta here and kill you, those false royals, everyone! Then ultimate power'll be all mine!!"
I ignored his threats and continued up the dungeon stairwell dreading what I'd have to face now.

As I entered the throne room, the aroma of rotting corpses filled my helmet as I approached Glode (Glah-Dee). Her grotesque eating habits were in full force seeing as the last of the townspeople were brought in for slaughter this morning.

"Ugh, there are fingers in here. I told you dummies before to cut off the fingers! There's not enough meat on most and the baby ones upset my tummy! Looks like you are out of jobs. Boys?" The Queen snapped her fingers and two soldiers approached the chefs, slicing their hands off. She giggled and clapped at the sight of their anguish, relishing in the piercing of their shrieks. As we conversed, Glode dug her teeth deep into the raw flesh like a ferocious animal who hadn't eaten in days. The violent tearing of skin from muscle, muscle from bone, made me gag slightly. Fighting the horrified feeing in my stomach, we began to converse.

"I've spoken with our son, Glode. I suggest you do the same. This will be our final chance provided the execution goes without interruption." I interjected, seating myself in my throne.

"Mmgh, that child is still as rowdy, hm? Too bad you spoiled his meat with that whorehouse. Children are their ripest at his age, you know." She spoke quickly between mouthfuls of raw meat, animal and human alike, face caked in blood and bits of skin, "Are you sure you don't just want one tiny bite?"

"Glode, our son is about to die and all you care for is food... I regret partnering with you."
"So you remind me, Travis. Thus, care I do not. We both got what we desired that night and nothing will change that." She pointed to my gauntlet.
"Damned demon."
"Gullible man meat."

"...Do you believe he is capable of handling this power?"
"Why wouldn't he be? He's of my blood, of course!"
"Yet, he is of mine as well. I worry that it could ruin him as it did me before our pact." I sighed, removing my helmet to reveal sunken eyes hiding behind my shaggy hair.

"You were a weak man then, Travis. Be glad I mounted you when I did."
"Do not remind me of that torturous night and day, Glode." In remembrance of those times, I shuddered at its thought. She was a demon in disguise, more monstrous than she is with her food.

"Well, I have once more found myself starving! Go on, now. Shoo."
I rose from my throne and departed to the bedroom for the night.

The following morning, I descended to the dungeon once more to speak with Draco.

"And so the Officer returns again! Come to toss me into the guillotine?"
"To give you words to remember in your departure from life."
"If I'm dead, how'm I-"
"Just listen, Draco."
"Fine."

"If there were a way to reverse mistakes we have made in the past, I personally would make that choice. I regret many things in my life as I am sure you do. Live your days to the best you possibly can. If you feel you did horrible, do better the following... Just, in your next life, remember my lecture if you are able. It may save your life, or even the world. I am not speaking to you as royal staff, but as your father and King." Ending my short speech, I removed my helmet and kneeled to face Draco. He shared my eyes, hair, and nose for sure, "Without my nose, you would be the spitting image of your disgusting mother. This is where I say goodbye to you, Draco."

"Just like that? You're tellin' me I'm your kid an' I'm s'posed to die with that?!"
"I wish you had known under better circumstance. I protected you from an early death, only to see you fall at seventeen. For that, I am truly and deeply apologetic."

I rose from my position and departed again, fighting my tears as he cried to me.
"Wait, Pop! Don't leave me here!! I-I can't die like this, man! Please!! DAAAAAD!!!"

I did not attend the execution that day. However, I was forced to stare into the fearful and hopeless eyes of what was once my son's detached head until it rots.
"Oh, I was so unaware that tainted meat could be so flavorful! I believe you'll be helping me create even more offspring now, Travis!~"

That night, a thought came to me.
"Glode, do you believe that you control me?"
"Travis, I know that I control you! What a silly thought."
"I see..."
I approached my Queen and forced her down with the power of my gauntlet. "I find it interesting that I hadn't considered this before, putting you in your place."

Right then, I was forced back and suspended midair with that same power. "And you, Travis, think yourself bold enough to fight me! Oh, you're full of jokes these days! You are in MY castle under MY orders. As many times as you forget that, I will strip away a piece of your humanity and make you nothing but a pile of insane human garbage not worth consuming!!" Glode threw me down and I lost consciousness until the next week.