-five

— ACT ONE OF THREE —
THE BEGINNING OF THE END

chapter five | better days

LORI Grimes reminded Sadie of Teresa Hayworth. Teresa was your typical mean girl, while Sadie was in high school.

Not to mention she and Daryl dated on and off Sadie's entire Senior year. Teresa made life hell for Sadie.

She thought she had left high school once she threw her blue cap up in the air, but it seemed as if Lori had every intention of making life hell for Sadie.

Once Lori left them standing there, Rick began to walk after his wife. Shane Walsh, a man Sadie hadn't had much interaction with, put a hand up to Rick. He stopped in his tracks and watched Shane walk after Lori.

"Can you believe her?" Rick looked to see Sadie talking with Daryl. "It's fucking Teresa all over again."

"I wonder if she's alive. . ." Daryl responded, earning a hard slap on the arm. "Damn, woman! What the hell?!"

"Shut your fat ass mouth and go help Morales." She ordered. Sadie then turned to Rick. "Keep your wife in check, Grimes."

Rick rolled his eyes, angry at the situation. At his wife. At Shane. Sadie, included. She knew how to push buttons, and she was damn good at it.

He walked off after Lori and Shane, angry at the two of them the most. "You can't tell me–" He began, but was quickly cut off by the sight of his wife, and partner, locked in a passionate embrace.

Lori opened her eyes, seeing Rick standing behind them. "R-Rick. . . I-" Lori started to say.

"Save it." Rick seethed. His normal bright blue eyes turned a dark shade. "How long has this been going on?"

"I-I thought you were dead." Lori said, walking up to Rick. She placed her hands on either side of his face. "You have to believe me. I-I swear, Rick."

The Sheriff let out a shallow breath. His eyes closed as he reminisced a time where they were happy. Happy with each other.

Happy with Carl.

"Does Carl know?" Rick asked, pulling Lori's hands from his face. She placed them by her side, sighing in defeat.

"No. He doesn't know, and he won't ever know." Shane replied. He glanced at Lori. There was more to the story. More than their affair being just because Rick was dead.

Rick didn't say anything after that. Instead, he turned his heel and walked off.

Upon arriving, he was followed behind Shane and Lori. It looked as if most of them were in a discussion on how to handle Jim's situation.

"Has anyone considered asking Jim what he wants?" Sadie asked. "Maybe he wants to roam free as a cold-blooded killer–"

"Or maybe we should put an axe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl said, cutting her off.

"That's not where I was going with that." Sadie mumbled.

"Is that what you'd want? If it were you?" Shane asked him, crossing his arms across his chest.