- twenty

WARNINGS: mention of post traumatic stress disorder

— ACT TWO OF THREE —
SHE LOVES ME, SHE LOVES ME NOT

chapter twenty | trauma

WITH a calm tone, Sadie asked the two men what they wanted to drink. She suddenly felt the urge to cover self up as Tony's eyes wondered her figure.

"Surprise us, darlin'." The man who introduced himself as Dave smirked.

"You got it, gentleman." Sadie smiled, her teeth gritting together.

"I'm Glenn. It's nice to meet some new people." The man chuckled as Rick turned to face Sadie. Her eyebrows perked up to which he gave a curt nod. The two of them had learned to read one another like the back of their hand.

They would stay alert and keep their guard up. For now, Sadie would feed them drinks for as long as she could.

"I'm Rick Grimes."

"Does the pretty lady have a name?" Dave asked with a raised brow.

Sadie smirked as she walked out from behind the bar and set the two drinks down. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"How about you, pal? Have one?" Dave offered.

Hershel shook his head, "Just quit."

"You've got a unique sense of timing, my friend." Dave replied, a small smile on his face.

"His name's Hershel. He lost a lot of people today." Rick informed them.

Dave wore a sad look, "I'm truly sorry to hear that. To better days and new friends. And to our dead, may they be in a better place."

With that, both men downed their drinks.

"How about another round, sweetheart?" Tony asked, holding their glasses up.

Sadie resisted the urge to gag. "Sure, anything for our new friends."

"Anything, huh?" Dave smirked at her, grabbing a hold of her hand as she poured another into their glasses.

Sadie chuckled, "Let's not get ahead of ourselves, alright?"

Sighing, Dave pulled out his gun. Sadie's hand ventured over the piece behind the counter as he explained he got it off of a dead cop.

"You fellas are a long way from Philadelphia." Rick began, taking a small sip of the whiskey in his glass.

"It feels like a long way from anywhere," The burly one snickered.

"What drove you south?" Rick asked.

Dave smirked, "It wasn't the weather, I'll tell you that. Feels like I've dropped thirty pounds in sweat alone down here."

Tony laughed, "Yeah, I wish."

"No, first it was D.C. Heard there might be some kind of refugee camp. But the roads are so jammed, we never got close. Every group we came across had a new theory about this thing." Dave replied.