- twenty five

— ACT THREE OF THREE —
LOST, FOUND, & LOST AGAIN

chapter twenty five | farewell Sadie Dixon

RICK was worried when Sadie approached him. Normally, there would be no need for him to worry as he expected a snarky comment to come out of her mouth. This time, her eyes were red and puffy. She looked as if she'd been crying, which Rick knew Sadie to almost never do. Instead of crying, Sadie normally got angry. She would spew every swear word in the book and would stomp off.

But this time, she embraced him. She wrapped her arms around his waist, which this too, was extremely out of character for her.

"Hey, what's goin' on?" Rick asked her, pulling away after a few seconds.

"Does something have to be wrong for me to show affection?" She replied, rolling her eyes.

"Yes." He laughed.

Pulling away, Sadie's eyes rolled to the back of her head once more. "I just wanted to tell you before you left, that you should talk to Carl."

"Is he okay?"

Sadie shrugged, "He'll be fine. He thinks he's the reason Dale's dead. We talked and after, he handed me this–" Sadie pulled out Daryl's gun. "Kid's a little kleptomaniac. Tell him to keep it, alright?"

Rick was stunned as Sadie patted his shoulder and walked away. She walked off to find Daryl, who she assumed would be on watch for Randall. Both him and Rick were leaving to drop him off further out in the opposite direction of the farm.

Dale would have wanted that, and it was a decision they came to together. While both Daryl and Sadie thought the group had some brokenness to it, they were satisfied with the way they'd honor Dale.

Sadie sighed once she realized that Daryl wasn't near Randall's cabin. Before she began her trek back to the house, she glanced behind her and saw Shane dragging Randall off. She looked back at the house. No one was outside or around. Sighing to herself, Sadie took off behind Shane at a distance.

She watched as he led Randall off, deeper into the woods. She kept herself far back enough that she couldn't hear what they were saying. Sadie couldn't help but hope that Shane was finally leaving the camp, but once she realized that Lori wasn't with him, her dream diminished.

Once she witnessed him grab Randall from behind and snap his neck, Sadie knew that Shane had a bigger plan than just Randall. A plan that she too would play a vital role in.

Running back to the farm, Sadie set her eyes on finding someone. Anyone that would listen to what she witnessed. She was sorely mistaken once she felt her hair being ripped out and her body pulled to the ground. Shane straddled her, grabbing her neck.

"Didn't take you for the kinky bitch type." She sputtered out as she drew her fist,  plowing it into his nose. She then jabbed her knee right in between his legs. As Shane was doubled over, Sadie took it as her opportunity to run.

And she kept running, and running, and running. . .

&&

EXHAUSTION. That was the only word to describe how she felt. Running through the tree's on her low energy became difficult. Breathing got harder with each passing step she took.