Chapter Three: Seeing My Parents

"Gilvin," Penira said, "Get up!"

"What happened?" Sev asked.

I tried to talk, but I was too weak. Normally, poison makes you one punch away from death, but this one was different. I knew it would not spare me. I knew it would finish me off.

"Have some steak," Penira said. Realizing I could not eat, she shoved steak in my mouth.

It started to heal me, but the poison was catching up. "Milk," I barely managed to say.

"We should have known he was poisoned," Sev said as he got the milk. He shoved it in my mouth. Then he joked, "Was part of your training biting? Those teeth are sharp!"

After eating, I recovered enough to tell them what happened. "The poison was unusually powerful," I said. "Those witches keep getting smarter."

"Wait," Sev said, "you were dying and you didn't use the enchanted golden apple?"

"I didn't want to waste it. I thought I could make it home."

"Okay. What is the plan for today?"

Suddenly, my mind could not stop thinking about home. I also could not help but remember the number... What did 08794 mean? Why did my brain put it 0, 87, 94? What did that have to do with home? Were those coordinates? Were those coordinates where my house was? Where my parents died?

"We must go there," I said.

"Where?" Sev asked.

"I don't know. It's pretty close."

"What does that mean?"

"Just follow me."

I ran out, faster than when I was poisoned (because I could not run as well with the poison). I found a mountain at the coordinates. I mined until I got to the exact Y-level. That was where a chest was. In that chest was a paper with only coordinates, about a thousand blocks away. At those coordinates, there was a house.

It was familiar. It was beautiful. It looked like it took months just to decorate it. It was my home. The home had items and memories. I could finally be home again. I happily ran into my room and grabbed all I could. I grabbed pictures, items, paintings, and more from all over the house. I did not know why. I felt rushes of nostalgia.

I heard a sound. There was someone outside. I ran to the window and saw a figure. They were familiar. Before I could make out who it was, they ran away, as if there was something in the house. I thought it was me, but I still turned around to make sure. There was nothing.

But there was something on top of the house. Suddenly, the roof was destroyed. The house was turned to rubble. There was no way out.

I was caught in a storm of explosions.