Chapter Four: Deep, Dark, and Dangerous

The house was destroyed, and my friends were surprised to see that I was not. I was injured. I ate a golden apple (not the enchanted apple, that was at home) to heal. I looked around.

There used to be flowers. Now there was rubble. There used to be beds. Now there was wreckage. There used to be a farm. Now there was... a garden. There used to be a house. Now there was rubble... and a purple gas. A painful, purple gas. A painful, peculiar, purple, familiar gas. It was dragon's breath. The Ender Dragon had found a way to attack me from the End. This place was not safe. I ran out of the rubble.

"Bob101," I said to nobody, "why did you do this?"

"Gilvin," Sev asked, puzzled, "Did you say 'Bob101'?"

"He resummoned the dragon," I said. "That is what was attacking. Look at the purple gas. He did this! He also killed my parents!"

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but you can't kill Bob101."

"Why not?"

"He's dead. He killed our parents, too. Also, where did you hear about him summoning the Dragon again?"

"I saw it. My parents were the ones who killed the Dragon. I told the tales. They died in the End. The only detail people didn't believe was that my parents were killed."

"Some time, we should kill the Dragon," Penira said.

I felt very excited. I have always wanted to do that again. "HECK YEAH! I'll go mining for more stuff."

"Actually," Sev started, "we don't need you to-"

I was already making my way home. Feeling frustrated and restless, I needed to take my mind off the devastation and decided to go mining. I went down to the mine and choose to just go forwards to find something. I was done with the mineshaft. I found a very open cave. That is where I saw an Ancient City.

According to legend, the Ancient Cities were full of loot and mystery, but if you dare make a sound, the Warden would appear. The Warden is one of the strongest creatures ever. It can smell and hear you but is blind, so it cannot see you. I went up to tell my friends.

"Sev! Penira! I found an Ancient City! Let's loot it together!"

We all went down there. It was a long fall, so we made a water stream down. (We could have jumped down and placed water, but then how would we get back up?) We sneaked to the treasure and made sure to be very quiet.

Out of nowhere, an arrow pierced through the air and struck me in the shoulder. The arrow almost knocked me off of the city, down to where I could see a Skulk Shrieker, which supposedly summon the Warden. I looked back, ready to fight a skeleton, but instead of a skeleton, I saw a living person.

They ran up to me and hit me off the platform. They wore a dark robe and had a black sword. It could only be netherite, but someone overmined and took all of the netherite in the world. Netherite was the strongest material we could use.

I was knocked off of the city, right next to where a skulk shrieker was. It shrieked as it activated.