Chapter Seven: Goodbye, Little Dragon

"Gilvin," Sev said, "what the heck is going on?"

"Are you okay?" Penira asked.

"Yes, I am," I said. "This is fine. Everything is fine." I wasn't lying... "This is definitely my real face." Until then.

"Is it?" Sev said. "I didn't say anything, but your legs were damaged from the fall, but you didn't die. It's time to find out who you really are." He ran at me. I got up and fell. He pulled off my mask.

"Well," he said, "that explains the nickname."

"What is it?" Penira, always caring about everyone, asked.

"Nothing." I thought Sev was saving me. "Except for the fact that he is a dragon. A little one."

"Not buying it."

"See for yourself."

"And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling kids," I said.

"We're not kids," Sev said.

I ran. The running turned into a desperate flight. I needed to escape. To leave everything and everyone behind. I couldn't trust anybody. I haven't been able to in years. My adoptive parents were trustworthy, along with my stepbrother, who disappeared shortly after they died.

I was a dragon. The witch had a potion that could damage me (hence why I said they keep getting more intelligent).  That is how I knew so much about the End. My father was abusive. The dragon we fought was my father. "Little Dragon" was never really a nickname. I was just a little dragon.

I was a little dragon who was running away.

Goodbye, Little Dragon.

***********************************************************************************************

"What a hideous creature, disguising as someone we could trust," Sev said.

"I think he was kind of cute," Penira said.

"You sound like a simp," Sev said in a mocking tone.

"Matter of fact," she said matter-of-factly, "you should shut up and stop joking at a time like this!"

"You're right! We were just betrayed and you're acting like he is nothing to you but a pet! Dragons can't be pets!"

"I'll just see myself out," said the robber that no one remembered anyway. Sev shot him with an arrow. "Ow!"

"We were not betrayed! We betrayed him," Penira said. "Also, I don't want him as a pet!"

"He's getting stronger so he can kill us!"

"He might be able to kill us right now!"

"I should have killed him when I had the chance!"

"You didn't have the chance! Dragons can take more than us!"

"I would have fired more arrows!"

"And he would have fought back!"

"Gilvin is not a good guy! He's a dragon! He murdered his own father!"

"Think about it: he said his dad murdered his mother, so the dragon was evil! Maybe he wasn't attacking Gilvin just during the battle!"

"Yeah, make the dragon the victim!"

"I didn't make him the victim, his father did! He knew we would be prejudiced about it, so he ran! We have to find out where! Where would he hide?"

"Where would he hide?" Sev repeated. "Probably in another disguise so nobody sees him."

"Or his home," Penira said. "Y'know, the End?"

"Oh, right."

The duo quickly made it to the portal and jumped through, looking for any sign of me. They then remembered the legends of more islands out there.

"Wait... aren't there more islands?" Penira asked.

"Oh, yeah," Sev said. "With those gateway things that look sort of like those over there in the sky?"

There was one there. They were shaped like eggs, made of bedrock with an astral, space-like portal in the middle. Sev and Penira used Ender Pearls they had to make it through. I had known they would come, so I was ready.

I enlisted help from the Endermen to build contraptions that moved the islands far away. I marked a sign pointing the Endermen to where to go. There was only a small island, about three meters, where Sev and Penira were. They couldn't see the island and could not throw far enough. There weren't enough blocks to make it through. An Enderman was also on the small island.

"Nivig htiw sdneirf owt uoy t'nera?" he said.

"What?" Sev said. "Is that a treat?"

The Enderman pulled out an audio reversing tool it somehow got (we don't know how the Queen creates this stuff). That tool reversed the audio.

"Aren't you two friends with Gilvin?" he repeated.

"Yes," Penira said.

"These are for you." The Enderman passed them each a pair of Elytra. Elytra are wings used for gliding. "He wanted to give you a gift, as he won't ever see you again. Also, these will help you fly." He passed them both a lot of non-explosive fireworks.

"Thank you," Penira said.

They immediately flew away in the direction the sign pointed. They flew for a while. By the time they reached the islands, the elytra broke, sending them barely on the island. I was at the site my parents died (which was unmoved).

"Gilvin," Penira said, "you need to trust us."

"I don't think I will," I said, seeing them. "How did you even get here?"

"Why should we tell you?" Sev asked.

"So I can stop it from happening again," I said.

"Exactly why I won't tell you," Sev said.

"Well," Penira said, "we're here to stay. We won't leave without our friend. We won't go without you."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes," she said.

"Now's your last chance to leave painlessly," I said. "Go, before I have to throw you both off the edge of the island."

"He just threatened to throw us into the Void," Sev said.

"We aren't going to leave," Penira said.

"Sorry about this," I said.

I had no choice but to fly at them at full force. They dodged. I grabbed Sev and threw him down.

"Why are you doing this?" Penira asked. "We are not going to hurt you."

"I've lost everyone I can trust. I heard Sev's words. I am just a hideous creature. I can't be trusted. You can't even pretend to trust me, because I won't be betrayed. I don't want to do this, but I have to. I'm sorry. Goodbye."

I threw Penira off the island. I cringed as I heard her scream of terror.