Souei Part 2

The next day--

You and Souei had made your way out of the village and into the forest after getting more information from Rimuru. 

Souei said that he would scout ahead, while you walked on the path like a normal person. 

You were on your guard, but you were still taking in the scenery. After being ripped away from your world without so much of a warning, you began to really appreciate the time that you have. You thought that you had for sure died. Instead, you awoke being in a new world surrounded by a bunch of random people cheering for joy, without much of a care for what they had just done. 

You watched the trees pass by as you continued on. The sun was shining down upon you as you basked in the warmth until you walked under a tree that covered you from the sun. 

You heard the bugs singing their songs and the sound of water gushing through a distant river. 

You thought about how much this reminded you of walking in the woods when you were young. 

---

After walking for a while, Souei jumped out of the tree, scaring you, causing you to shriek. 

Souei just stared at you, before placing his hand over his face. You could hear him snickering. 

"Oh come on, it's not that funny." You said pouting, but then you started laughing as well. 

"I came to say that I think I found what Rimuru-sama was referring to." 

You pause for a moment. "Really? I thought that it was supposed to be far into the forest?" You ask.

"Yeah, I was out that far already. It seems like there's some dispute going on among some monsters." Souei said it so casually, like he didn't just cover a weeks worth of distance in a couple of hours. 

"So what do you want to do?" You ask. "I mean, I can't cover that kind of distance that quickly. So do you want to make the week trip, or do you plan on going over there by yourself?" You finish. 

"I wanted to know what we were getting ourselves into. I can't afford to waste that much energy for a while. Let's take the week trip." You had never heard him talk so much. It was kind of refreshing, being reminded that even he is comfortable enough to talk to you. 

----

You both walked in a comfortable silence. You continued to think about your home world and enjoyable memories that brought you comfort. 

Suddenly, before either of you could react, a wolf had jumped off of a stone platform, and rushed you, biting into your leg with so much force, a crack had been heard throughout the forest. 

Souei entangled the wolf in string and pulled, causing the wolf to explode, its flesh spreading out on the surrounding trees. 

After the adrenaline had worn off, the pain became insufferable. That combined with the blood loss, caused you to pass out. 

------

Everything is so dark and cold. A figure entered the darkness, then another. Soon enough there was a whole crowd. 

"How dare you!?" One of them yelled out. You were confused before another one spoke.

"You are just enjoying your new life? You aren't going to even try to find your way back?" One spat, disgusted. 

"Can you even imagine how everyone must be feeling, and you're just sitting there, doing nothing. Not guilty, not sad, not disgusted. NOTHING!" Another one chimed in. 

At this point you began to cry. 

"Of course I feel sad and disgusted! But that doesn't change anything!!" You half yelled, half sobbed. 

-----

You felt someone shake you, causing you to wake up from the nightmare that you were having. 

It was Souei, he had a look of concern planted on his face. Your pain from your leg began to come back, reminding you of the attack. 

"Hey are you ok? You were crying and yelling in your sleep." He mumbled. 

"Yeah i'm fine, just a nightmare." You said wiping tears away from your eyes and attempted to clean the tear stains off your cheeks. It was then that you realized you were in a cave. 

"Hey why are we in a cave?" You ask, trying to hide the fact that you were in pain. 

"I figured that we needed somewhere to sleep, and there is no way you'll be able to walk on it." Souei replied, gesturing to your leg. 

"It's not in the best condition, is it?" You said nervously chuckling. 

"No." 

There was a few moments of awkward silence, before you spoke up again.

"Because I'm an otherworlder, my healing power is super good, so give it about 12 hours and it should be back to normal." You reassured Souei, but he didn't look too convinced. 

"It still hurts doesn't it?" He asked. It was a rhetorical question. He wasn't actually looking for an answer. 

You nod slightly. 

"Is there anything that you want to do to distract you from the pain? Like card games or something?" Souei asked gently. 

"Um this may be a little weird, but do you think that I could maybe, lean on you?" You ask. You tried to sound confident about it, but it came out sounding the exact opposite. 

He chuckled a little before nodding. You put your head on his shoulder, in which he put his head on top of yours.

You both fell asleep like that. (Ahhh the neck pain)

------

Should I make another part?