Diablo X Reader

"As someone who was saved by Rimuru-sama's demon lord evolution, I do, in some way, feel a great deal of debt to both Diablo and Rimuru-sama."

I work as the only emissary for Tempest, meaning that, recently I haven't been around a lot. I am constantly in other nations working out the fine print to agreements and alliances. However, I had returned home to a group of 3 teenagers wreaking havoc throughout our city.

---past time (this is taking place as soon as y/n is seeing it, I forgot the word for it)

I began to make my way through the streets of Tempest. 'Wow it really feels like I haven't been here much lately. Luckily, I have a few days off before I have to head out again.'

I turned my head toward a woman who is screaming and yelling at someone, but I couldn't see who.

'I suppose I should see what is happening.' I walked past the group of people surrounding them to see Gobta and Gobzo both bowing toward the woman.

"Hello, I just got here so I don't fully understand the situation, is there any way that you could tell me what these two warriors have done to offend you?" I asked the group of foreigners.

"That so called 'warrior' sexually harassed me!" The girl yelled at me. 'Gee calm down lady. I clearly had nothing to do with this. Why are you screaming at me?' I thought to myself before thinking about how she could be distressed about the situation so that may be why she is yelling.

"I understand your frustration, but if I could ask you to please stop yelling, you are causing a scene." I politely asked the woman.

"Do you have no sympathy? Is this what all monsters are like? Un-empathic?" She yelled out to the crowd. I could hear the crowd begin to mumble something about me, but I wasn't really listening.

"I did say that I understand your frustration. Also, I am not a monster. I am a human that works for Tempest." I responded. The crowd began to stop talking at this point beside the occasional, 'I actually heard about her. She's an emissary, right?'

At that point the woman didn't have much to say anymore, but her friends apparently did.

"They have humans working for Tempest? I thought this was supposed to be a monster town?" The light-haired male began to ask accusingly.

"That is completely irrelevant to the situation." I paused, looking at the group. "I will take full responsibility for the actions of the supposed perpetrator." I said while bowing. 

"That does nothing to rectify the situation." It was the dark-haired males turn to speak. 

I rolled my eyes. "Well, what would you like me to do about this then?" I asked as professionally as I could muster. 

Just then a group of soldiers bust through the streets, killing anyone in sight. I snapped my head around to look at the soldiers that were on horses. 

"What the fuck?" I said out loud and began to try to stop the soldiers. 

"Sir! What is it that this town has done to you? Why are you attacking this town?" I yelled at the leader who turned to look at me before snarling a response to me. 

"The mere existence of this town is a disgrace to God." He spat at my feet and began to go back to attacking the town. 

'Goddamnit! What is wrong with people!' I thought to myself while erecting a barrier around the city once more to attempt to counteract the original two barriers.  

Timeskippp

I was fighting with the soldiers that were attacking the city when I got a message that Rimuru-sama had returned. I had gotten it through a message sent to my earpiece that I had created for better communication with Rimuru-sama. I had gotten distracted by the voice and one of the soldiers I had been fighting had taken notice and pierced me with his sword through my chest. I turned back in shock and looked down.