Souei Part 3

The light shone into the cave as you began to wake up. You noticed that you were no longer laying on Souei's shoulder, but now you were cuddled up to him. You could feel his chest rising and falling. Your face was stuffed up to his chest as his arms were wrapped around you. 

You wanted to fall back asleep but you knew that you had a deadline to meet. You had to get to the dispute area as soon as possible. 

You ultimately decided against moving and fell back asleep, cuddling with Souei. 

Souei's POV

I had been awake for about 2 hours when I felt y/n begin to wake up. I noticed that she began to act like she was going to move but instead she ended up cuddling closer. 

I felt my heart flutter at that, It was entirely a new feeling for me. I had been feeling this way for a bit. It hasn't been too long but I do recognize it as love. At least based on what Benimaru had told me. 

I began to feel it when she was talking to me for the first time. She had used the same word that Rimuru-sama had used to describe me. A spy. Although I don't know what it is exactly, if Y/n and Rimuru-sama called me that, it must be a good thing. Or maybe not. I don't really care. 

Back to the issue at hand. I guess that I do love her. Is it too soon to tell her that? Is there a 'too soon'? 

I tightened my grip on her, not so it was suffocating, but so that way I knew that I couldn't lose her in that moment. It's silly to think like that but I don't want to lose her. 

I heard y/n mumbling something but I couldn't hear her at first until she repeated it. 

"I really do like you Souei. Although I'm sure you figured that out already. You're super smart." I heard her chuckle to herself. 

"I really like you too Y/n" I replied without thinking. 

"Wait. You're awake?!" She said in shock, pushing her head away. 

"Yeah. I've been awake for a while." I replied, nonchalantly. 

"Why didn't you wake me up?!" She yelled. 

"You were too cute." I said smiling down at her. 

Her face brightened. She smiled up at me and began to close the distance. 

I responded immediately by kissing her back, it felt completely natural with her.  

God I love this woman. Y/n