Untitled Part 11

percy pov

The entire day passed like a blur and before I knew it , I was back at camp.

though I really wonder why Annabeth and Jean just don't get along. I mean, I know that Jean likes me, and I am kinda freaked out bout that, but it frustrates me, a lot. I can understand why Jean doesn't like Annabeth, but Annabeth knows that Jean could never replace her, yet she still hates her and I know it, despite what she says. I wish someone could give me a book on how to understand the way a girl's mind works. It is obviously a pretty complicated place.

Anyway, on the way back to camp, me and Annabeth encountered our favourite thing, monsters. It was a group of dracaenae. I groaned and we killed almost all of them, when one of those idiots got a shot at Annabeth. That coward had sneaked up on her from behind and stabbed her.

I panicked and sliced it into half and then ran to Annabeth. She said "dam monsters, I survive Tartarus and this is what happens."

I poured nectar on the wound and gave her a square of ambrosia to eat. She asked me "where did you get nectar and ambrosia from"

I said " I always keep some with me in my schoolbag, for emergencies only. "

When she tried to walk, she collapsed on the ground in pain. "steady there wise girl, I laughed and said. lets get you to camp. I picked her up, bridal-style and took the subway, many people stared at us strangely, but due to the mist, I doubt they saw a bleeding girl being carried by a teenage guy with a schoolbag.

When we reached camp, I took her straight to the big house and some Apollo kids took her to the infirmary.

After dumping my schoolbag in my cabin, I went to check on her. She was lying in bed, and she told me" the draecanea's blade was poisoned. and the poison was pretty strong. I'm not supposed to get out of bed for at least 3 more days. I laughed seeing her frustrated expression. I leaned down and kissed her.

I said "wise girl, don't worry I'll try and stay here with you the whole time after school. Plus , since you have nothing else to do , you can do my maths homework for me."

She groaned "Percy, please, I am coming to school tomorrow" Then she muttered under her breath "No way Jean hits on my boyfriend while I'm not there to murder her"

"I heard that " I said, slightly annoyed. "Gods Percy, when did you get such good hearing. And don't worry, nobody can keep me in bed for 3 days.

"Actually, I can " said Will. "You are not leaving camp or performing any activities till you are fully healed. And that's not happening until you rest.''

Annabeth glared at Will and he said "be glad your 'boyfriend' is willing to give you and your murderous glares company. Most kids have to make do on their own.

"Fine" she said. But I am not doing your maths for you seaweed brain. I grumbled and said "Fine".