Chapter 25

"I'm not okay right now.."

꧁࿈༻༺☠༻༺࿈꧂

Harley Finley

The world had been quiet for the night. I didn't remember anything after Colten's orgasm. A blissful sleep conquered me for hours.

My post-wine headache was piercing my temples making it hard to open my eyes to the bright daylight that raged into the living room. The sheets tangled around my naked body, covering every inch of me like I was going to a Toga party. I held it close to my breasts and attempted to sit up straight, dragging the sheet with me until it cooperated.

The fire burned out a while ago. Ash sat idly in the cold, quiet cabin. Not a sound echoed inside. Unlike last night when laughter and moans filled it.

"Colt?" I yelled out. Holding the blanket like a wedding gown, I walked around the shadowed corners that lacked electricity. "Colten, this isn't funny."

I felt lonelier than ever when he didn't respond. Not even a creak in the flooring answered me. So, I got dressed quickly. Quicker than ever to run outside.

My body went numb when his bike was nowhere to be seen. The death machine was gone. Along with Colten.

Sadness quickly turned to anger.

No, not anger.

Rage.

Red had taken over my vision. Murder overtook my thoughts. Jail time seemed like just a slap on the hand for what I wanted to do to Colten for leaving me without a single word or letter. Not even a text!

It was decided.

I was going to kill him.

How was the next plan but I couldn't even concentrate to premeditate it enough. Maybe it would be better to not think it through.

"Harley!" Chloe called from the driveway. Her car was running and still in drive when I hopped in the passenger seat. My backpack was thrown into the backseat, all by itself just like it sat in the house when I found Colten had even taken his bag with him.

The heat wasn't on but I was fuming. My cheeks burned the upside down smile on my face like the flames that lit up the room last night when Colten played me.

"Thank you for picking me up. No one else was picking up their phone." I faked a smile to Chloe who was able to barely squeeze into the drive seat. The seatbelt hugged her big belly snugly and only made guilt tighten around my heart.

Chloe looked at the road ahead, not even sparing me a glance. Her voice softened, "If you have to let something out, do it. I'm listening or not. Whatever you need right now."