13irteen

Gio P.O.V
Today was the day. Surgery. I was sitting in the hospital room with Gianni, as Ivan stood right outside of the room at the vending machine. He's been stress-eating a lot lately. Understandable. I heard him kick the machine and then hit it, making me get up and walk out of the room to him.

"I can't get this bag of chocolate pretzels out Gio and it's making me mad," He told me with a red face as he crossed his arms.

"Lemme help you, baby, just take a deep breath for me," I told him, shaking the machine a little bit, watching the bag fall. I leaned over grabbing the bag and handed it to him.

"Thanks," He mumbled, walking away from me and into the room, but I pulled him back.

"Baby, everything's going to be ok. Gianni is a strong-ass baby man. He's gonn-,"

"That's the problem Gio! He shouldn't have to be a strong baby. He should just enjoy being a little kid. He's only two and he's about to have open heart surgery. It won't be his last one either. I'm stressing out because there's a chance he might not come back out of that room Gio! I can't lose that little boy. He means the world to me!" He told me growing emotional.

"I'm scared too Pa, I am. I get that you're scared, but right now for him, we have to think positively and try to keep a straight head baby. Let's just go sit down and try to relax before he goes under," I told him as he nodded his head. We walked back into the room and I watched as Ivan sat down on the opposite side of his bed in a chair.

"Daddy," I heard making me look down at Gian.

"Yes, baby?"I asked him as he pulled his covers back.

"You way down with me?" He asked patting the bed so I could get in with him.

"I don't think I can bug, Daddy's too big," I said to him as he pouted.

"Peaaaaaaase, I be good," He told me making me sigh. I know you've been good, you're the best baby in the world. I got my big ass up, gently moving him, and got into the bed with him, wrapping him up in the blanket and my arms.

"Come on Pa," I said to Ivan as he got in on the other side of the bed, doing the same so that we both had one arm wrapped around him. Ivan placed his hand on Gian's belly rubbing it and I watched as he closed his eyes drifting off.

"He has to make it Gio," I heard him say as he watched Gian sleep. "He has to,"

"I know baby. I know," I said to him. It didn't take long for the three of us to fall asleep at the same time.

The next time I opened my eyes, was due to Cleo shaking me awake, as Grant, Dre, Cleo, Tristan, Blaze, Dario, and Azari stood in the room looking at us. Our doctor was here too.

"It's time gang," Cleo spoke looking at me as I got out of the bed with Ivan, watching as Gian looked at everyone confused.

"We pay?" He asked groggily, as he looked around the room.

"Not right now baby, you're about to take a little nap and when you wake up, we'll all be here," I told him as more doctors and nurses came into the room. He looked at me scared and started to whine.

"Hey, it's ok baby boy. You'll be ok, I'll be here when you wake up," I told him as he started crying and trying to get up.

"Sir...," The doctor spoke making me nod my head at her as she and her team walked over to Gianni, talking to him really sweetly. She rubbed his face and made him lie back down as he looked at Ivan.

"Papaaaa," He cried reaching for him. "I no gooo, pease," he cried making my heart break as I felt tears falling down my face.

"Papa, will be here when you get back, I swear I won't leave you," Ivan spoke walking closer to him. He cried harder reaching out for Ivan as the doctors turned the anesthesia on, making Gian start slowing down in his movements.