1

There he stood, in front of the tall building. The cold November wind hit him, making his hair move with it as he looked at the mostly glass structure, asking himself one more time if he was ready.

Hesitating, he pushed one of the huge glass doors open, trying but failing to hide his nervousness.

He walked up to the front desk, fidgeting with the handle of the small duffel bag he was holding. "Hi. I'm here for my audition?" He asked the lady, giving her a small smile. She smiled back. "Name, please?" She asked, lowering her head back to her monitor.

"Hwang Hyunjin," he answered. The lady typed something and clicked on the mouse a few times, turning her head back to the boy. "Third floor, room number 24. After exiting the elevator, you go straight ahead, turn the first right, and follow the numbers from there."
"Thank you, ma'am," Hyunjin said with a short bow before walking towards the elevator.

After pressing the button for the third floor, he took out his phone, sending a short text to his mother, informing her he had entered the JYPE building. He sighed and stepped out when the doors opened, following the lady's instructions to room number 24.

Taking another deep breath, he entered the room, the warm air relaxing him just a little. He looked around the room. It looked somewhat like a dance studio except for the long table at the end of the large room and a few chairs behind it, which he guessed were for the judges.

He walked towards a couch to his left where 5 other people who were here for the audition as well sat, chatting while waiting for the judges to arrive. When he sat down, one of them turned her attention to him.

"Hi. I'm Ryujin," the girl said with a smile. "Shin Ryujin." Hyunjin smiled back. "Hwang Hyunjin," he said. The girl's expression changed a bit, her face scrunching up in thought.

Hwang?

"I know there are a lot of Hwang families around, but do you know Hwang Yeji by any chance?"

Hyunjin's smile grew a bit. "Yeah. She's my cousin. You know her?"

"Yeah, we go to the same school." She said. "Well...used to, I guess."

"Oh, you're not from here?"

"Nope. Came to Korea to follow my dreams or whatever sappy shit people say for what they wanna be, " Ryujin said, air quoting 'follow my dreams'.

As soon as she finished speaking, the door burst open, revealing two men and a woman wearing slightly formal clothes.

Must be the judges. Thought Hyunjin.

~___________☆__________~

7th of February, 2023
3:07 PM
Around 440 words (always rounded to the nearest 10)

This chapter is short because I'm too excited, lol. Wanted to put up a chapter as soon as possible, but I don't get enough time to write, so ye.

-Sam