5

Felix had moved to Seoul not so long ago with his family, leaving only his older sister Rachel back in Sydney for her studies. He was now living with his parents and younger sister Olivia in Korea.

It was a sunny yet cold winter morning and Hyunjin and Felix were in Felix's living room, using the coffee table as a makeshift study desk, typing on their laptops as fast as they could, stopping every few minutes to discuss details or stuff they didn't understand

Just then they heard the front door opening and Felix was quick to speak.

"Oh. My mum's here. You better go." Felix said. Hyunjin could've sworn there was nervousness in the usually cheery boy's voice. And although hesitant, he replied.

"Alright. Do we finish the project tomorrow then? Or from the school library on Monday?" Asked Hyunjin.

Felix's mother walked in, holding a half-filled bottle of wine. "Felix!" She called, not noticing the other boy there.

Hyunjin noticed that Felix flinched as the woman called him. "Oh, mum! You're back." He said in English. "Um, this is Hyunjin. A friend from school. We were doing a project."

The woman spoke again. This time slightly calmer and softer, almost as if she turned into a different person.

"Oh hello, Hyunjin! Sorry didn't see you there." She said, switching to Korean. Hyunjin looked doubtful but he had to be polite.

"Oh hello, Mrs. Lee. That's okay. I was about to leave anyway." He said, walking to the door. "Alright. Stay safe dear."

"I will. And Felix?." Said boy hummed, showing he was listening. "The project?" "Oh yeah um ill text you later," Felix replied, switching back to his broken Korean.

"Alright bye then." "Bye." Hyunjin left the apartment still thinking back. Why did he look so nervous with his mom there? He's usually so cheerful.

Hyunjin was walking past the JYPE building when he noticed two boys walking out of it, both looking quite familiar.

I thought the training was till 8 at least? "Hey there. Seungmin right?" Hyunjin asked, walking up to them, not sure where he's seen the other boy before.

"Oh. Hey. Yes, that's me." "I thought training usually let off really late?"

"Oh yeah not on Saturdays though. Especially now that finals in school are around the corner." Hyunjin hummed in understanding but then flinched when the other younger-looking boy almost screamed.

"Hyunjin?!"

~__________☆__________~

3rd of march, 2023
10:47 PM

Around 410 words

-Sam