7

The three teenagers had turned the corner to Han's Cafe; Seungmin and Hyunjin unaware that they were both preparing to introduce the same person as they entered the small, bustling shop, the wind chimes that hung above the door moving and creating a small bell-like sound, muffled by the chitchat yet alerting the employees that more customers had arrived in the already overflowing room.

Seungmin was the first to notice the squirrel like boy behind the counter, preparing a coffee order. Jeongin and Hyunjin were rambling about the past. Seungmin wasn't sure if that was a good thing but decided to ignore it as he waved at the now smiling boy, approaching him.

Hyunjin finally sighed and apologized to Jeongin, clear that he was still holding somewhat of a grudge against Hyunjin's tween antics. He looked up and waved at Jisung, the boy waving back, looking confused for a second, and then smiling.

"You two know each other?"

"We literally met like, today, but yeah. The better question is, you guys know each other?" Hyunjin asked, pointing between Jisung and the other two.

"I mean, we're all trainees under the same company." Jisung shrugged. "How did you three meet?"

"I was going by bus to Felix's for the project, and Seungmin and I were both getting off at JYP. I already know Jeongin from middle school, but we met just now, when i was heading here from Felix's"

Jisung nodded. "I'll go ask my mum for a break, and then we can talk."

Jisung came back, took a chair from the stack near the counter, and sat with the three of them.

"So, Hyunjin?" Jisung called, excited, Hyunjin humming in response. "Know if you passed the audition yet?"

"Well, do they like call...or? Because I haven't checked my emails for a while."

"Either...or both." Jeongin, who was on his phone since they sat down, said, still typing away.

"Who are you texting?" Seungmin asked, lifting an eyebrow at the youngest. "Chan hyung?"

"Yes, actually," Jeongin said, finally looking up from his phone with a little smile, knowing that Seungmin was about to tease him if he tried denying it.

"Oh. Go off, I guess." Was all Seungmin said, not wanting to give away that his friend had a crush on the squirrel like boy's best friend.

"So.." Seungmin went on, looking at Hyunjin. "You two go to the same school?"

"Yeah. Met in freshman year, actually." Jisung replied, glancing at Hyunjin, who looked like he was about to burst into laughter, the boy stifling his own, remembering the way they had met.

"Why do you guys look like you're about to bust a kidney?" That was the last straw for the tallest, Seungmin's sarcasm, only making him burst into a fit of laughter, making Jisung laugh as well.

"Sorry, sorry." Jisung said between giggles.

"What's so funny?" Jeongin asked, putting his phone back into his pocket this time, wanting to know how much the taller has changed since middle school.

"Okay, so I joined school a little while after the first day, and Felix, a classmate, was supposed to show me around. When Felix and I got out of the vice principal's office, we ran into Hyunjin here, who looked like he'd just gone dumpster diving, a girl behind him looking like she was gon kill someone. Then Hyunjin started begging Felix to help him escape her."

"And while i was doing that, my homeroom teacher had caught up, and started scolding me on the spot, claiming she saw me "destroying school property" when in fact i was running away from that maniac of a student trying to get in my pants. I was a freshman, for goodness sake! She was probably going to tell me to take a shower and head to detention, but instead, made me give Jisung his tour instead. I swear it was so awkward since i still reeked of garbage. I told him what was happening, and we both had a good laugh."

"Okay, yeah, it's not that funny when you say it out loud." Jisung ended. "But it was the best first day I've had, and i was in a really good mood, plus I'd already made a friend."

"You all should probably get going. We gotta close up for lunch break in a few"

"You know what, for the sake of having met new people, im gonna check my emails cause i know they'd have responded by-" he got cut off as his phone rang in his pocket. "Oops, sorry, let me get this real quick."

Hyunjin looked at the lit up phone and tilted his head in confusion, showing the number to Jisung. "Okay, am i dreaming? Because that can't be real, right?"

Seungmin pinched Jisung's arm, proving that he, in fact, was not dreaming. He let out a little yelp, and they all stared at the contact saved as "JYP Entertainment," Jisung nudging Hyunjin, gesturing him to pick up.

"Put it on speaker, alright?" Jeongin said, excited.

Hyunjin nodded, clearing his throat as he pressed the green button and held up the phone for everyone to hear.

"Hello?"

"Good evening. Is this hwang hyunjin?"

"Speaking"

✁✂✁✂✁✂✁✂✁✂✁

Hello people. Totally did not just skim through the first 6 chaps and my old notes i made in my tablet and did not casually continue as if i din dissappear for like 5 months 👍🏻
All the other chaps look so short... and all the author notes and shi look so complicated 🥸
I finally came up w a proper plot and changed the title cuz i din know there was a show called never have i ever. Anyway hope i get more readers.

9:20 PM

8th of July 2023

867 words (ive written chaps w around 3000 words before what are these🥸)