2

After his turn, Hyunjin took his things and stood in the hallway outside room 24, waiting for the girl named Ryujin whom he had just become friends with. After a few more minutes of waiting, she walked out of the room, smiling at the brown-haired boy as she walked up to him.

"Hey Hyunjin," She said as they started walking towards the elevators.

"Hey. So... tell me about Yeji."

"Huh?" She asked, lifting an eyebrow in confusion."You don't talk to her?"

Hyunjin shook his head "only in the summertime when she comes to Korea for the break. We barely text or talk on social media because we're both busy, you know?" He explained while they walked into one of the elevators.

Ryujin nodded. "Well, we met in middle school when she just moved to LA. She was kinda shy-"

Hyunjin laughed, cutting her off. "Yeji? Shy? Pfft-". He stopped laughing and cleared his throat, realizing he cut her off "sorry, continue."

"Um... yes, she was shy and needed help with her English, and one of the teachers asked me to be her tutor. That's how we met. "

Hyunjin nodded his head, and then he remembered something. "Wait, how long have you guys known each other?"

"Probably for about... 5 years, maybe? Why?"

"Oh, right. When she started school in LA." Hyunjin reminded himself, ignoring the question.

"Mhm." Ryujin hummed. They stayed quiet until the doors of the elevator opened, and they started walking to the exit.

"So what's the relationship between you guys?" Hyunjin suddenly asked, breaking the silence. Ryujin was startled by the sudden question, her ears starting to get red. "Wha- oh we're friends." Ryujin answered, quickly collecting herself. A slight smirk made its way onto Hyunjin's lips as they made their way out of the building, making a mental note to himself to talk to Yeji later.

"Alright then, give me your number. It's probably going to be a while until we come back here even if we do get accepted." Hyunjin said, looking at the tall building behind him. He chuckled nervously, thinking of what he'd do if he didn't get accepted.

□●□●□●□

"Alright, Bye!" said Ryujin after they exchanged numbers. Hyunjin just waved back and opened his phone again, updating his mother on the audition.

~__________☆__________~

8th of February, 2023
7:52 AM
A

round 400 words

Don't know why all of a sudden this became about Ryujin and Yeji but ye Ryeji exists in this :) but I need ideas for straight couples/ships because everywhere I read, there aren't really a lot of books with straight couples that make people happy so if anyone actually reads this book...help me out :')

-Sam