10

It was his first day of training. He had almost no idea what was going to happen to him there, at the tall, glass building he was used to seeing by now. Hyunjin was glad he knew some people there before he started.

He, as usual, walked into the bus and sat in his usual seat. It was a routine by now, despite only officially starting his training today.

He checked in, the same way he saw Seungmin doing it the last time he was here, informing the employee at the desk that he was new, earning a smile, an introduction, and a QR code to his schedule from the short haired lady whom he now knew as Kim Gabin.

He had just pressed the button for the elevator before he saw a familiar face walking towards him, the other scrunching his face when he saw Hyunjin.

“Oh hey Jisung.”

“Don’t “hey Jisung” me, liar.”

Hyunjin was beyond confused since the last time he saw Jisung was at school, and he didn’t remember saying much to him even until then. Jisung must’ve seen the confusion on Hyunjin’s face because he continued on.

“Oh come on. You said we’d talk at lunch.” Jisung whined, frustrated. “I wanted to tell you about Minho too.” He paused for a few seconds, getting in the elevator as Hyunjin followed, almost unbothered that he had forgotten to meet up with the boy the other day.

“Oh. Sorry about that. I was at the roof at lunch.”

“Of course you’re sorry. When was the last time you sat at lunch with me, huh? Your girlfriend's been looking for you too.”

“I mean it this time. I really am sorry, i just forgot, alright? And tell Seorin I'll talk to her today. She's been saying she has something to talk about.”

“You better hope she doesn't dump your ass at this rate.”

“i swear ji stop with that. Seorin and i are not breaking up. And about ghosting you, I'll get you whatever you want, alright? And I'll try not to forget shit next time.”

The elevator had stopped, and the two got out, heading to the main lounge of the floor before they parted ways.
“I'll be writing this down, jin. You owe me.”
“I know, I know. See you later.”

✁✂✁✂✁✂✁✂✁✂✁

12:10 AM

January 04, 2024

391 words

You say this is short. i say the plot is coming togetherrrr

Happy new years (4 days late lol)