Not As It Seems {Kit Walker~FLUFF}

"Next patient is in cell number 27...", I check the envelope monsignor Timothy just gave me, and I stand in front of an indeed barred door at the end of the hallway.
I lower my gaze for one last time to look at the informations and then I peek in the peephole, just to get my attention caught by the person inside the cell.
"... Kit Walker".

The door opens under my grip and I civilly fix my suit. Sitting there, in a dark corner, appears a young man, wildly attractive if I must say. His gaze raises only after I've thoroughly entered the room and carefully closed the two doors behind me, motioning the two nuns to let us be in the same room without any other distraction.
They nod with uncertainty and stand outside.
What is it about this patient that makes him in need of extra attention?

"Good morning, Mr. Walker".
He slightly furrows his eyebrows but does not switch his attention away from me, instead, he insists on following my every movement.
The room is rather empty, not that I was expecting a spa with buffet included, but it is surely lacking of light and places to rest on too.

So I sigh and decide to take the spot near the man, noticing his eyes scanning me once again:
"I'm not here to lecture you, I'm going to be particularly straightforward with you: I'm here to finally display a way to close this place once and for all. I want to be aware of the truth myself" I go on with my speech and cross my legs, my head turned in his direction.

It takes a while until he finally replies:
"Haven't you heard what they say about me? Aren't you afraid to discover and reveal the truth they all desperately yearn for?".
"Well, is it even the truth? No offense, but you sound like a bad liar right now", I raise my eyebrows at the awareness of the staggering washbraining they have done on this poor individual.
Unlike before, this time he doesn't reply.

"I figure you already know the risk of spoken words that might lead to a final track to frame you, and that's also why you're refusing to even talk to me. It's perfectly reasonable, but I must warn you about my identity, hopefully avoiding the actual sick people' attention in this godforsaken place", I refer to the corrupt people like Timothy Howard and Arthur Arden, who abuse of their authority.

Meanwhile I try to keep eye contact with him and I lower my voice:
"I'm taking you out of this hell hole, Kit. But I need your help, or it won't be enough to make it worth an effort".
"Who even are you?", he stares straight into my eyes.
"I'm mainly a writer, but I handle several different matters in several different sectors as well. For example, I've been working under a secret corporation's plan that involves illegal structures, which is the reason why I'm here... To put an end to this", I widen my eyes more and he keeps gazing at me with an interested look.

He apprehensively nods and clasps his hands together:
"I could trust you more than those monsters out there, but not enough to put my life in your hands".

I stand up ready to leave the room, but not without turning my head again:
"I hope I'll be able to see you next time too".

♱ ♱

Despite the high risk of being possibly caught by the guards, as well as the nurses, Kit has agreed to see me again, not that he had that much of a choice anyway. As the truth began to get closer to the surface, bit by bit my mind has started as well to lose pieces of rationality.
But there was one thing I was sure about: Kit's innocence.

"Hello, Kit", I weakly smile as I sit on the chair in front of him. "Chess?", I raise an eyebrow while looking down at the board in front of us.
"Yes, it's the only thing that's keeping me distracted from not going completely insane. For real this time", he lets out a nervous laugh, even though I can see in the way he acts that there's nothing funny about that.