Grunge Is Dead {Ghost Tate Langdon~FLUFF}

First day at school after taking so many days off due to my mental instability and I'm already bored to death.

I met someone though, his name is Cooper: likes to occasionally draw, listens to alternative rock and death metal, doesn't like our society, which immediately gained my consent of befriending him.
In return he took a liking in my residence: "The Murder House".
And that's what made us end up at my place with an Ouija board that he personally decided to bring with him.

I know well what's hiding inside the house, but I'm not sure if I want to freak him out, he doesn't seem the type to do so, though.

"I don't care if you're in the photography club, just don't take too many pics or I'll kick you out".
He giggles and I do too, but in reality that's exactly what I would do, if that means that nobody will have to discover anything about all of the things that are hiding in here.

♱ ♱

"Can I take a photo of you?".
"Are you sure I am the proper subject? Scary enough?".
"What if I said it's because you're pretty?".
"I wouldn't let you take them anyway".

But then I hear a click and I cross my arms against my chest:
"You didn't even bother to let me turn around to do that".
"I just knew it, you're the perfect subject".
I roll my eyes, my hand reaches for the handle of the basement and I turn on the light.

Cooper follows behind me with his stupid camera in his hands until we reach the bottom of the staircase, and a sudden chill fills the room. And the atmosphere too.

"Have you sensed that too?", Cooper's tone sounds excited, rather curious compared to how a person could ever be in this situation.
"No, just move up and place the board here", after shaking my head, I point to a small wooden coffee table in the middle of the room.
"Alright, alright", he rolls his eyes and oddly does as I say.

"Are you sure you know how these things work?" I ask when he sits down, I do the same.
"Yes, duh? Otherwise, why would I suggest to do it?".
"No reason, I just wanted to be sure", I shrug.
"Give me your hands", but he doesn't wait for my response, so he suddenly grabs both of my hands .
"You didn't even give me the time to reply", he then places his hands on the board, as well as mine.
"You already know the rules, don't do shit or we're both screwed if this house is really haunted" he emphasizes his sentence by widing his eyes more than they already are.
"I know. I already know it all".

"Okay, alright. Okay", he nods and takes a deep breath. "Good evening. May we have the possibility to speak with someone?".
Silence. Nothing.

"Is there anyone here?".
Silence again.

"We can't wait here forever, you know" I speak at last.
"Shh, don't interrupt the silence, we might actually find something".
His attention is entirely fixated on my figure instead of the Ouija planchette that's moving on its own. I grin.
"Holy fuck" he mutters. "Did you do that?".
"As much as I want this to end quickly, I am still curious about the whole function. I didn't do it".

The planchette has confirmed the word "yes".
"May we have a name?".
C. U. M .
"Tate", I silently giggle, getting aware of the phantom behind it.
"They're fucking with us", he looks away but doesn't remove his hands from the cursed board.
"Don't say that, maybe it's a real name", I try to suppress my need to laugh.
He sighs and we decide to keep going.