A Shepherd's Hunt

It has been a couple of days after the duel between Soulburner and Gore, with the Fire Duelist winning in his 3rd turn and making his popularity sky rocket as well, even if that made silver-red haired boy annoyed that his fame is getting even bigger and bigger by the day. There will be a point he would get used to all of this fame, but now isn't the time.

Maybe after he defeats the Knights Of Hanoi.

The news were going everywhere about his victory over the Gore, calling him an old relic, so some duelists thought they could have shot against the Gore, but they were quickly humbled as Gore busted out his Gouki The Great Ogre against all of them in one duel, which changed the news not to reflect that Gore was an old relic, rather that Link VRAINS got a new star by the name of Soulburner.

While Gore was mildly annoyed, angered and jealous of him with his new fame, he decided that, he shouldn't care about that. He didn't care if he wasn't the Number 1 Celebrity Duelist in Link VRAINS, he cared that he was the Number 1 Hero for the kids in the orphanage. Heck he even stated that he would love to have a rematch with him in the future, that was...more friendlier than their first duel.

Kiku and Seigen were shocked when they hear the news. Sure Seigen did know that he was facing a Knight Of Hanoi, but he didn't expect to see The Gore challenging him in a duel and it was a Speed Duel, having more advantages than a Master Duel for him because of his Skill, but more disadvantages because of the smaller field, it was even more shocking that Theodore even stood his ground in that duel, which was weird for them since he only returned to dueling not long ago.

Kiku was shocked since it was an hour after she left that she saw the duel on TV, which thankfully, was on the internet so she could see him in action and how he won that duel, which to no one's shock, it was because for most of the duel, Flame was giving him instructions. She then had to listen to her brother ramble about her not so subtle crush the entire time, and wondered if he could have a poster of him, which made her laugh a little bit.

After the duel, duel requests for him then went flooding. Day after day, hour by hour, minute by minute, he would get duel requests from everywhere. Mustafu City, Den City, Domino City, Paradise City, Paris, China, Kaiba Dome, Zagreb, Spain, from the local kebab store, New York City, the local grocery store, EVERYWHERE!

It was so bad that Theodore couldn't sleep for an entire night, he couldn't switch off his duel disk since he was afraid for Flame's safety, but he knew that he was hating it since it kept vibrating with every duel request, so he came to school with shadows under his eyes with a horrible posture and his movements were slow as he tried his hardest not to fall asleep.

When he sat down on his seat, which Kiku was on his left and Seigen was on his right, he instantly fell asleep, making a somewhat silent THUD! when he landed on the hard table, damaging it alot, but like it wasn't damaged before.

Theodore asked his best friend if he can mute the notifications, but allow for Flame to communicate with them, which for Seigen only took about 10 minutes for him to hack into and it worked out perfectly. Which he was thankful for.

He decided to look into the notifications about the duel requests for later, which were the same. Some kids, some wannabe hot shots and everything in between. It was kind of sad honestly.

He also found an email from a guy named, "Daddy Long Legs," (A/N: I did not make that up. Look it up. In Episode 14 of VRAINS.) that said he wanted to help him with his quest against the Knights Of Hanoi, but he didn't see it was necessary at all since...well...uhm...he doesn't trust anyone with a user name like that.

Like who would make that up? Most likely a guy with a goatee that has a food truck selling hot dogs who gets angry when someone says that a hotdog is a sandwich. Okay that was kind of specific, but it fits perfectly.