Hanoi's Trick

A lone figure was in the middle of work, working on something that could help him in the hopes of getting the Fire Ignis so he could destroy the Cyberse. The man whose sole mission is to destroy the Ignis, and then get revenge towards SOL Tech for what they did to his father.

It was Varis, the leader of the Knights of Hanoi, and the one who will soon prove to be Soulburner's greatest foe.

He was moving data around in every direction as he was one of the best in the entire organization to make a virus. Second only to Baira, but that is no small feat. She herself admitted that given a few more years, he would be the best there is at creating in the Knights of Hanoi. It was to prove just how versatile and how much potential the young leader has.

It was only a few days, 4 at best, when The Shepherd was defeated by one of Soulburner's companions, Stormrider in a quick, but close match for the life of the Fire Ignis, with Stormrider coming up victorious. He had a thought about using one of his friends as bait. Sure he could've used the person that he gave the Fire Ignis to, but he knew one person that could bring out Soulburner the quickest.

Frostgirl, and he knows because of three reasons. One: Compared to Stormrider, Soulburner has shown way more comfortability of all the footage that he has gathered. Two: From the way that they act around each other, it has to mean that they have feelings towards each other and/or are in a relationship. Three: While he doesn't think she is dumb in any way you could twist it, he does however think compared to Stormrider, she isn't as intelligent compared to her friend. It was decided. She was going to be her scapegoat, but it doesn't mean that it will be easy in any sense.

He had to study her, her deck, its specific strengths and weaknesses and how she uses them. From all of the footage that he has gathered, he noticed that she uses an Ice Barrier deck, which was interesting as it was one of the only decks that specialize, not in Link Summoning, but in Synchro Summoning. Thanks to the new ruling, it made it easier for her to have as many Synchro monsters as possible and instead of only having 1.

While he didn't think much of the Main monsters, and how situational most of them were, he had to admit that they were pretty decent Spells like Medallion in which most decks would kill to get a monster to their deck, but that can't be the same for his own since his deck is almost perfect for that, and the Extra Deck monsters are some of the most impressive Synchro monsters he has seen. Granted they can not compete against the might of his own Synchro monster, but credit is where credit is due, those were perfectly good Synchro monsters.

What made it easier to know her strategy, was thanks to her Skill Ice Tune which is a Skill where the user sends one Trap or Spell from their hand in order to special summon an Ice Barrier Tuner monster from the deck, which is honestly a pretty good Skill, and it works out for her since it makes the consistency for Ice Barrier's work with it, and with the downside for one Spell or Trap card in your hand which is a fair trade off.

So he had an idea. Why not make a virus inside of a new card that he specifically made to help her out in a duel into it so he could gather data from the Fire Ignis, and not to mention, to lure Soulburner towards him. It wasn't the first time he did such a feat, he did once when he got his Ace Monster, Borreload Dragon. So he decided to make a Trap card that will help Frostgirl with her duel against Soulburner.

It is called Dark Sorcery Of The Ice Barrier. It featured an image of General Gentala, Wayne, Raiho, Grunard and Medium of the Ice Barriers on the front with their weapons ready as the enemy is shown to be Speaker For The Ice Barrier with an evil grin on her face as there was a dark aura around her as she held her index and middle fingers in front of her as on the back of her there was Gungnir, Brionac, Dewloren and Trishula of the Ice Barriers with powerful roars.