A Duel In The Storms

The Speed Duel between Varis, the leader of the Knights of Hanoi, and Soulburner, the origin of the Fire Ignis, has begun while they are riding on a Data Storm with their hoverboards surfing on them like a beach on a bright sunny day. They stood on opposite sides, Varis on the right side while Soulburner was on the left side of the field. Flame had his arms crossed the entire time while not saying a word while Seigen was on his computer, trying to look over what was about to happen.

In the place that looked like Paris, only ruined thanks to the destruction of it due to a certain Knight Of Hanoi and a monster used by the Knights Of Hanoi, Cracking Dragon, next to the Eiffel Tower was an unconscious body of Kiku Kamishirakawa's Avatar, Frostgirl, as the main goal of the duel was to see if they can get her conscious back into her body thanks to an antidote.

Soulburner, Flame and Seigen were at worry the entire time of the duel and even before the duel as they know who they were fighting, it was the Leader of the Knights of Hanoi, the man whose sole goal was to destroy the Ignis, not to mention that they have no idea what kind of deck is using.

Varis on the other hand was completely calm through the entire time as he pretty much had every possible advantage he could think off, he had his enemy in a place where no one can help him out, he knew most of his strategies while his opponent didn't even know a card in his deck, not to mention he did have a goal to at least end in a draw for a more...easier victory in his place.

There was also a different thing that he wanted to test out, a certain Skill that could be useful in his duel against Soulburner in the 2nd Round and it was a pretty normal cost, but a great effect to boot. But there was a slightly small problem, he never went inside of a Data Storm, so it will be difficult for him to even do so, but that won't stop him, not once, not ever.

Varis: 4000 lp

Hand: 4 cards.

Field: No Spells, No Traps and no Monsters.

Soulburner: 4000 lp

Hand: 4 cards

Field: No Spells, No Traps and no Monsters

Turn Count: 1.

"Now, I think we have stalled without a duel long enough, have we Soulburner?" asked Varis as he looked towards Soulburner with a smirk on his face while Soulburner narrowed his eyes towards the Knights Of Hanoi, and gritted his teeth.

"I think that is the first thing that you and I agree on, Varis! Let me tell you something, I can't wait to bust you down!" yelled Soulburner with Flame nodding with him, but still a bit uneasy seeing the leader of the Knights of Hanoi so close and in person that it felt terrifying just to be around him.

"Good to know," said Varis as he flew a bit forward and then faced towards Soulburner who drew the top 4 cards of his deck, while Varis didn't move a muscle. "Since this is my terrain and dueling on a Data Storm that I created, I think it is fair that I start first." he said as much as they didn't like that, they had to agree that it would be at least fair to let him go first as they sighed.

"I think that is...fair, so I think we should let him go first." said Flame as he was at least thankful for that since the deck he created was more of a go second hand rather than a go first deck.

"Good to know that you agree, Fire Ignis." he said with venom in his voice, but he quickly shook it off as he swiped his hand to reveal 4 cards. He then picked one of the cards, "I'll start by activating my Spell card, Pre-Preparations of Rites!" the card materialized in front of them as their eyes widened.