Part 7

The next day went by really fast. Betty had gone back to school and thankfully she and Hal didn't cross paths once. Now it's Friday and the day was really relaxing. Toni, Cheryl and Betty talked about their sleepover that they were planning on having the next day while Jughead just laughed at all of their dumb ideas of what to do. Everything was great, and Betty was happy, but then she and Caleb got home.

Hal- Elizabeth, what the fuck are you wearing?!?

Betty- U-Um, clothes? (softly)

Hal- DON'T TALK BACK TO ME, BITCH, GO UPSTAIRS AND CHANGE NOW!

Betty ran up the stairs and took off her shirt and skirt, trying to find something else to wear...but suddenly the door busted open allowing for her father to walk inside and lock the door before putting her desk chair under the knob. She ran into the bathroom and sat on the floor, closing her eyes and covering her eyes, doing her best to calm herself down.

Hal- Open this fucking door Elizabeth!

She felt like she couldn't breathe. He kicked and slammed the door until it finally broke. Then he grabbed her and pushed her against the wall hard. He slapped her all over her body...then he slipped his hand into her underwear. He started touching her, she wanted him to stop so she kept trying to kick him. But no matter what she did, she couldn't stop him.

Betty- S-Stop, p-please! (cries)

Hal- Shut up Elizabeth!

He pulled off her bra and underwear before throwing her back down to the floor. She tried to get away but there was nothing she could do. He started unbuckling his belt and there was nothing she could do to stop him. And before she knew it, he was inside of her.

Betty- GET OFF OF ME! (cries)

He put his hand over her mouth and started pushing harder. It went on for a while until she suddenly felt someone pull him away from her. She looked up and saw Caleb pulling her into his arms. She was shaking. Caleb didn't even care that she wasn't wearing any clothes, he just wanted to keep her safe...away from him.

Betty- I-I need to get out of here. (cries)

Caleb- I know, Bee...we need to call the police.

Betty- Y-You know he'll kill me. (sniffles)

Caleb- I can't let this keep happening, though. He has taken this too far. (tears)

The two of them stayed on the bathroom floor, Betty not being able to move, then Ben came up and crouched down in front of them

Caleb- Ben, we need to call the cops. (tears)

Ben- I-I agree b-but if we do we won't be able to keep Betty safe.

Caleb- We can't even fucking do that now...just look at her. S-She is broken. (tears)

Ben- O-Okay, I'll call the police.

Ben quickly called the police while Caleb held Betty in his arms. Soon they heard the police sirens so Caleb got up and got Betty some clothes to put on before they walked downstairs to see their father getting handcuffed. He looked at Betty and instantly screamed at her while being dragged away.

Hal- YOU ARE GOING TO FUCKING PAY FOR THIS ELIZABETH! AS SOON AS I GET OUT I'M COMING FOR YOU!

Then the police officer walked over to them.

???- Hi, Hal Cooper's children?

Ben- Yeah.

???- I'm Sheriff Jones, I need to take you down to the station to figure some stuff out.

Caleb- Okay.

As they walked out of their house Betty didn't let go of her brothers, she was terrified. The whole way to the station she was clinging to Caleb's side. Once they arrived they were taken to the back where they had to talk to the sheriff...but Betty was still crying.

Mr. Jones- Alright, sweetheart I know you haven't said much since we've gotten here but I need you to tell me everything since it all happened to you.

Betty- I-I'm not allowed to. (sniffles quietly)

Caleb- Bee, you have too.

She nodded and turned towards Mr. Jones.

Betty- It started after our oldest brother was killed. He started hurting our mom which she didn't really care about...she just wanted us to be safe. But he ended up killing her...and then he started hurting me. He would hit me, punch me, choke me, whip me...everything. H-He also r-raped me. (softly tears)

Mr. Jones- I'm sorry sweetheart. Is there anything you need right now? Is there anything we can do for you? Do you need to go to the hospital or-

Betty- N-No, I'm fine at the moment. (softly tears)

She wiped her tears and looked down at her lap until Mr. Jones continued to speak.

Mr. Jone- Okay, how old are all of you?

Ben- I'm 19.

Caleb- 17.

Betty- 15. (softly)

Mr. Jones- Do you kids have any family you could stay with for a while.

Ben- No, our mom was an only child, and her parents died when she was young.

Mr. Jones- That sounds a lot like my old friend, you kids look like her too.

Caleb- Alice Smith?

Mr. Jones- Y-Yeah, how do you know her?

Caleb- She's our mom.

Mr. Jones- O-Oh my god...if you kids are hers, that means....

Ben- Means what?

Mr. Jones- I-I'm your godfather.

The three of them looked at him in shock.

Caleb- W-Wait d-does that mean we are going to live with you?

Mr. Jones- Technically...if that's okay with you kids.

Ben and Caleb nodded while Betty looked back down at the ground.

Caleb- Betty, what is it?

Betty- I wish mom were here. (tears)

Caleb- I know, I wish she was here too but you have me and Ben...we will always be here for you.

She nodded and rested her head on her brother's shoulder.

Mr. Jones- Alright, there are more things we will need to discuss but you kids need a break, let me take you all home.

As they walked towards the parking lot they saw their father in a cell yelling, but as he saw Betty he just began to scream at her. She held onto Caleb as they walked by him, but before they could get far enough away, Hal reached his hand out of the cell and grabbed her. A bunch of police officers ran over and got her away from him. Then she jumped into her brother's arms, making him carry her the rest of the way to the car. The ride to their new home, she didn't speak. That was until they arrived at the house.