Part 37

They eventually made it home. Fp and some other deputies had brought Hal to prison while Alice, Ben, Caleb and Jughead were home. Jughead was holding Betty and Riley tightly in his arms while the little girl hid in her mothers arms. She hadn't said a word since they got in the car to drive home, but she hadn't stopped crying either.

Betty- Baby, please talk to me. (softly tears)

She shook her head while curling further into her arms.

Betty- R-Riley, I need to know what he did. (softly cries)

She shook her head once again but then the front door opened and Riley began to hyperventilate. Cheryl and Toni walked into the living room and wanted to hug their best friend but after seeing Riley, they stopped.

Betty- Shh, it's just auntie Cheryl and auntie Toni. You're okay, I promise. (softly cries)

The little girl looked up and saw her aunts, waving at them before curing back into her mothers arms. Betty sighed and stood up, with Jughead immediately following her.

Betty- Jug, can you stay here? I just need to talk to Riley alone.

Jughead- Yeah, call me if you need anything.

Betty walked with Riley upstairs while Jughead plopped back down on the couch with a sigh.

Cheryl- Are they okay?

Jughead- I don't know, Betty seems okay but Riley definitely isn't. (softly)

Toni- Poor girl. (softly)

Caleb was pacing back and forth, trying to blow off some steam, but he suddenly couldn't take it anymore and stormed out of the house. Ben followed him out to see him on his knees in the front yard. He was slamming his fist into the ground while screaming...but before he could break his hand, Ben grabbed him, pulling him up.

Ben- Caleb, you need to calm down-

Caleb- I can't calm down!! First he hurt our mom, then he hurt our little sister, now he hurt our niece?! When is it going to fucking stop?! (yells)

Ben- I know, I know, he's a horrible person-

Caleb- I want to kill him! (yells)

Ben- Caleb-

Caleb- I can't take it anymore! He has hurt too many people that I love- (yells)

Alice- Honey...

That's when Alice walked down over to her sons.

Caleb- No! I don't want to talk to you! (tears)

Alice- Caleb, I know you're mad but-

Caleb- But nothing! He doesn't deserve to be
alive anymore! I want to kill him! (tears)

Alice- I know you do...but trying to do that would be the biggest mistake of your life.

Caleb- No it wouldn't- (tears)

Alice- Yes it would. Because even if he were dead, you would go to jail and you wouldn't be able to help your sister and your niece. It wouldn't fix anything. The only thing that could and will help them, is if you are there for them. (tears)

Caleb looked down at the ground and continued to cry until his mother sat next to him and wrapped her arms around him.

Alice- Those girls love you so much, don't do something stupid to make them lose you, okay? (tears)

Caleb nodded and for the first time in years, he hugged his mother.

Caleb- Thank you. (softly)

Alice- Of course, hun, now let's go back inside and see how we can help.