1.

Lei was out collecting a plant called Jop'oa, which has many medical properties. She was accompanied by her 14 year older brother Lahar, and her Ikran, Mazzy. The season was nearing the end of winter.

"Lahar, over there." Lei cocked her head to the side, pointing Lahar to another patch of the crop.

"Why do they need so much?" He caviled, walking over lazily to the patch of Jop'oa.

Lei chortled, shoving the last of the Jop'oa into a bottle. "We have to be back before eclipse." Lei tapped him on the back, walking over to Mazzy and putting bottles of Jop'oa into a satchel.

Lahar handed what he had collected to Lei.

Lei heard a familiar sound, she froze. "What?" Lahar abruptly asked.

Lei covered Lahar's mouth, she perked her ears. "Lahar, come." She quickly put her dagger back in the sheath, mounting Mazzy.

"What is it, Lei?" he whispered, mounting Mazzy and coiling his arms around his sisters waist.

"Palulukan." Mazzy took off quick and swiftly, gliding through the trees.

As Mazzy rose above the trees, there were about 4 Ikrans in sight, west of Lei and her brother. "Do you see that?" Lei looked quickly, these Ikran's were green and blue. These Ikran's were foreigners, "That must be, Omatikaya, right?" Lahar squinted.

"Why would they be here?" Lei shook her head, she didn't give it any mind. "They are lost." She tapped her brothers leg, reassuring him not to worry.

——————————————————————

When Lei arrived back to the village, everyone was gathered in the Chief's hut. Lei and Lahar rushed up to the gathering, confused as to what went on. The Olo'eyktan, Katu, and Tsahìk, La'wan, were stood in the middle. Lei sought out her sister or Awani, but instead she was stopped by a young Na'vi her age called Percikan.

"Where have you two been?" He gently grabbed Lei's wrist.

"We were out, I did not know there was a gathering." Lei whispered.

"No one did." Percikan's father nudged him, giving him a look beckoning him to be quiet. Lei bowed her head to his father, moving through the crowd to find her sister, Matahari.

"There you two are." Matahari let out a relieved breath, it was obvious she had been worried. Lei smiled a bit, now listening in to the Chief.

"—Omatikaya, the tribe of Toruk Makto, is at war. The Sky People have not given up, but neither have we. We will prepare for this war, and take our home back." Cheers erupted from all corners of the large hut, and soon Lei retreated.

——————————————————————

Lei lie restless in her hammock, gazing up to the ceiling of her hut. She impulsively stepped down out of her hammock. She'd decided she was going to take a stroll through the forest.

She silently exited her hut, humming to herself while she bounced through the village. The cold air proved to be uncomfortable while she began to follow a game trail.

Animal calls carried throughout the forest, Lei was careful to listen for any strange unfamiliar sounds. While she was occupied with her thoughts she heard a snap behind her.

Lei swiftly turnt to the noise and ripped her dagger out of her sheathe in 1 motion — she was shocked to find a blue Na'vi scrambling behind a tree.

She hesitated before hastily jumping from around the tree trunk, hurrying to hold him down. He bellowed out a sound of distress, she caught him off guard by approaching him behind his back.

She gripped the Na'vi's arm and harshly pulled it the opposite direction to flip his body over, she fought to hold him down. Even though Lei was a skillful fighter she struggled to overcome his strength.

"Ì'awn nekll." She hissed down to him, this translates to stay down.

"Kanom 'aku—" He snapped back to her, he eventually shoved the girl off of his back.

Lei somersaulted backwards and squatted defensively, displaying her dagger for him to see.

The strange Na'vi pulled his dagger out after he noticed she held hers violently, he lashed his tail from side to side.

Lei abruptly bounded towards him, catching him unprepared a 2nd time. She yanked him downwards to her level by his queue, snaking her way behind him.

She held her dagger up to his throat, she kept her deathly hold on his queue. She mentally prepared herself to take his life, when she involuntarily flinched due to a wispy sensation on her hip.

She looked downwards to find an atokirina — a wood sprite, that had perched upon her sheathe. She paused before abruptly letting the blue Na'vi free, he hastily turned around. He swung his knife at what he thought was the girl, but she had seemed to evaporate into thin air.

She sprinted through the woods to escape the Na'vi, her heart beat rumbled her chest. She had never felt so unnerved — and confused.

Her chest heaved while she struggled to suck down cold air, she had finally felt like she was safe. Once she caught her breath she began to slowly make her way back to the village.

She crept into the hut silently, then tripping on Matahari's bow. She closed her eyes tightly, she clung onto the floor. "Lei?" Eta'yla called out restlessly, "—what are you doing?" She yawned, staring down at her.

"I was seeing to Mazzy." Lei lied, gathering herself from the floor.

Eta'yla casted Lei a side eye, returning to her hammock. Lei bit her lip slightly, she continued to toss and turn for the rest of the night.