9.

Lei's breath was short and ragged and she sprinted through the jungle, keeping her pace with Percikan. Percikan has already earned the Koa title and he was instructed to assist Lei.

"Keep up!" He called from in front of her.

Lei bared her teeth, struggling to run beside the faster Na'vi. If she didn't pass him soon she would have to race him over, and over, and over again. Lei was not fond of that idea.

She gazed upwards as she frolicked to find a low tree branch, she propelled herself upwards. Lei clung onto the tree branch and swung towards the back of Percikan, grasping onto his shoulders and pulling him onto the ground.

He grunted harshly as he fell onto his stomach, he struggled to break free of Lei's grip.

She cackled breathlessly as she jumped upwards to continue running, "LEI!" He bellowed.

And due to the young girl's wittiness she had won the race.

She reached a fallen tree branch in an open patch of land which they agreed to be a finish line, she fell onto her knees and laid on her stomach. She laid her face on the ground and caught her breath, waiting for Percikan to reach her. Mazzy was positioned below the branch waiting for their return.

"You cheater." He gently pretended to kick her, sitting down as well.

Mazzy approached Lei and nudged her leg with her snout, she reached her hand out to stroke her soul sister. She then laid back down, her face positioned away from Percikan.

Percikan smiled at the sight of the Ikran, he reached over Lei to show affection to the animal as well. Percikan seemed to possess a deep connection to any animal he came across.

"Good girl." He whispered to Mazzy, Lei couldn't help but feel flustered. Her breath hitched as she retracted her hand from Mazzy.

Lei had always had a small crush on the older Na'vi, but she never saw him more than a good friend.

"Lei, are you awake?" Percikan had been calling her name for the past 30 seconds. He had been standing upward over Lei.

"Mhm." She mumbled.

"Well get up." He pretended to kick her a second time.

Lei pulled herself up on Mazzy's "reins" that Kiri had woven for her. The Omatikaya tribe was known for their talented weaving skills, while the Nyala Api was known for their specialized weapons and armor. Kiri and Lo'ak had also gifted her a riding mask from their home, she had been using it frequently.

She stood upwards as took her gifted riding mask from a small pouch she attached to Mazzy's "reins."

"Let me see that." Percikan gently held Lei's wrist from behind her. He always caught her attention by preforming that gesture, ever since they were young.

"This?" She turnt, placing it in his hand.

He ran his thumb up and down the tooth that were woven into the item. He gazed at it peculiarly before handing it back to her. "It's cool." He smiled bitterly— he was jealous. Not of Neteyam and his family, but that the Omatikaya tribe paid such respects and care for their Ikran.

Lei nodded, placing it on her head and above her eyes.

She casted him a cheeky smile before mounting Mazzy and connecting their queue.

Percikan stared at her for a moment, "Well come on." She mocked him from earlier. She held her hand out to assist him onto the Ikran.

He took her hand and sat comfortably on the back of Mazzy, he wrapped his arms around Lei's waist and laid his head on her shoulder blade.