16.

The Nyala Api swarmed around their Tsahik and Olo'eyktan, listening to their stories of their youth. They told their clan stories of their mighty and powerful years, and the ways of their past tribes. Though the Nyala Api may seem remorseless — and usually are, they had been easing up on their harsh traditions lately.

Lei was sat in between Percikan and Ohu'ma, she wasn't very familiar with the 2nd Na'vi. Lei folded her knees to her chest and rested her chin upon her legs, while leaving her arms looped around them. Percikan and Lei were squished up against eachother to avoid contact with unfamiliar Na'vi.

"Lei." Ohu'ma whispered, he tapped her arm. Percikan looked to Ohu'ma and shook his head, the boy replied with a menacing smirk.

Lei lifted her eyebrows and turnt her head in his direction. "Look." Ohu'ma motioned his head towards Leyra.

Lei directed her gaze lazily towards a teenage girl to find Leyra already staring back at her. Lei's ears straightened outwards out of aggravation, the sight of Leyra angered Lei. Lei lifted her chin off of her knees and held Leyra's attempted intimidation — she tensed her jaw as Leyra was pulled away.

Lei shot an annoyed look towards Ohu'ma while Percikan flicked her thigh to retrieve her lingering attention.

"What?" Lei asked frustratedly as she whipped her head towards Percikan.

"Do not speak to her." Percikan stared her dead in her face. "You would be in great trouble."

"I won't Perci." Lei huffed coarsely as she replaced her head back on her knees. Lei was a very confrontational Na'vi — in a way she enjoyed a fight every so often.

Percikan was sure she would disregard his worry and insist to confront Leyra. The animosity between the 2 girls had been relevant for years.

"Don't be so boring." Ohu'ma rolled his eyes at Percikan. "It will be funny—"

Lei shoved the side of the Ohu'ma's head into another Na'vi. "Nga poncho a skxawng." Lei snapped at him, speaking their native language.  "I cannot stand you." She shook her head, standing upwards abruptly. "Goodnight." She referred to Percikan, she stepped over the Na'vi sat in a circular pattern.

Lei's attitude displayed in her stride while she coarsely exited the Olo'eyktan's hut. Leyra stared as if her eyes were lasers.

Lei halted and swiveled her head in the direction of Leyra, she was stood alongside her brother — Ka'toa. "Do you need something?" Lei brazenly responded.

"Watch the way you speak to my sister." Ka'toa interrupted while he leant against a post built into a bridge.

Lei furrowed her eyebrows and snapped her aggressive gaze to the older boy. "Speak when you are spoken to." Lei's tail swished from side to side.

Leyra hissed, displaying her fangs violently. "You have bonded with demon blood."

Lei stared at the girl in disbelief, anger infiltrating her body as the words left Leyra's mouth. "Do not call them that." Lei's gaze felt lethal to Leyra.

"So it is true?" Ka'toa grimaced at Lei.

"No." Lei responded quickly.

The 3 Na'vi exchanged glances when Lei finally decided to actually leave. The 2 siblings spoke amongst one another under their breath, but Lei heard them while she walked away.

She dawdled while she ambled to her hut, taking unfamiliar routes through the village. The warm air gradually faded into a cooler breeze as eclipse quickly approached.

Lei entered her hut to search for her bow, she craved a late night hunt — she hadn't been on one in months it felt like.

She'd come to find her family asleep, she'd have to be quiet enough to retrieve her bow and leave. She was surprised Lahar hadn't already come looking for her.