6.

Almost a week had past since Lei and Neteyam had an encounter with a Lakay'na, she was fully recovered.

Lei was busy collecting flowers that served as pigment for body paint, she was leading Awani deeper into the jungle.

Lei stopped suddenly, she gazed around. "I hope we have not come for nothing." She sighed thwartly.

A thin sheet of snow still dusted the ground and trees, it was close to melted. "We might have." Awani crossed her arms, rubbing her left cheek hesitantly.

"What're you thinking?" Lei turnt to Awani.

"Maybe further south? I think the Kebaran have no snow." Awani suggested, unsure of her own statement.

"Maybe, come on." Lei changed directions, they began to head south.

———————————————————————

Lei and Awani had been walking for hours now, it was close to dark. The further they traveled, the less snow appeared.

"Look, over there." Awani tapped Lei, pointing to a village. Lei crouched down, pulling Awani down with her.

They observed the Na'vi, they had encountered them before. They didn't react very kindly to the Nyala Api, but it has never escalated more than a few harsh words exchanged. The Ash People tribes were known for fighting amongst eachother.

"Should we go back?" Awani whispered.

"No, not yet." Lei pointed towards a large patch of Mo'ara, these were the red flowers they had been searching for.

"Finally." Awani smiled brightly, slowly sneaking her way over.

Once they had collected most of the plant, they slowly began trekking back to the village. "You should call Lele." Lei tapped Awani, Lele was Awani's ikran.

"I will when we make it further out." Awani nodded her head.

Once Awani had called her Ikran, they noticed an unfamiliar noise.

"Do you hear that?" Awani's eyes widened, she turnt to Lei.

Lei pinned her ears towards the crown of her head, she looked up to the sky. Awani and Lei searched for the source of the noise.

As Lele perched onto a tree, the machinery sounding noise seemed to grow louder and closer.

"We have to go, now." The realization hit Lei, she grabbed Awani's arm.

"No no no." Awani's face turnt a lighter color, she had a terrified extension smeared across her face.

"Come on Awani we have to go." Lei pulled her hurriedly, they rushed to Lele.

As they took flight, Lei continually peered behind. She assured they weren't being followed, she tightened her grasp on her knife.

———————————————————————

The two girls searched frantically for Katu or La'wan.

"La'wan!" Awani and Lei caught up to her.

She turnt around, bowing her head gently. "I am busy." She began— the two girls interrupted her.

"The Keberan are in danger, sky people in their land." Awani abruptly relayed to her.

La'wan shot an intimidating gaze towards Awani. "If the Keberan need our fight, we will join them. But as of now that is not our battle." She snapped harshly, she was obviously occupied with something more "important."