24.

Stories of war and chaos have been told throughout all generations of the Nyala Api. For decades these Na'vi have believed in only violence, and violence is how they survived. But now that their large population had been dwindled down, violence is the very thing that would lead to their fate.

Olo'eyktan Katu had came to the Keberan reluctantly after Neytiri and Jake repeatedly suggested this. After they had gone through with the decision adult Koa were instructed to recruit the teenage Koa, and to prepare them.

And of course one of these Na'vi approached Lei's hut and awoke her mother. "This is suicide for my daughter, no?" Eta'yla rasped to the informant that stood awkwardly at her door.

Lei listened attentively from around the corner. "These are the orders of Katu—"

"I have lost my mate to the sky people I will not lose my daughter, or my son, or my self. Leave us."

Lei rolled her eyes and returned to Lahar's room. "What is she yelling about?"

"Nothing." Lei shook her head. "She is just stressed."

Lahar nodded his head and cracked his knuckles.

"Why are you stressed?" Lei queried when she took note of Lahar's anxious gesture.

"I am not." He protested while lethargically resting his head against the wall, letting his eyelids meet.

"Mhm." She grumbled while flickering her eyelids with an attitude. She silently anticipated a reply from her younger brother with a turnt shoulder but received nothing.

Lei had thwartly huffed out the breath she once held in her chest, "I am seeing to Mazzy, if you want to come." She proposed to Lahar hopefully.

"No Lei." He refused before he roughly flipped over onto his side and burying his head into his chest.

"Okay." Lei whispered in a discouraged tone, her optimistic perspective had been squashed by Lahar's depression. She still continued on her own to see to Mazzy, carrying a slow and relaxed pace.

As she dawdled through her village she gazed upon the huts that held inside agitated Na'vi. All of them preparing weapons, collecting oils and pigments purposed for war paint, or simply waiting. But waiting for what? Lei speculated, there was only 1 thing to wait for it seemed.

And that thing brought despair and ruin to their village. This very thing was the sky people and their reign of aggression they would bring alongside them.

She finally reached the ikran hanger and navigated through the cave like structure. The hanger's opening sat distances above the basin that resided in the jungle, it was a beautiful sight.

Lei called Mazzy as she regularly did, standing tall against the wind. Mazzy approached moments later soaring through the sky delicately, careful to execute her landing safely.

"Show off." Lei remarked with a sneer, she began to prepare her and Mazzy for the flight.

She flinched as the radio was abruptly turned on, Ka'toa began speaking with a sense of urgency. "Kunsìp homebound, I am trailing. I need Koa."

Lei hesitated before glancing outwards of the hanger, she now hurried to set flight. "I am coming." She grasped her windbreaker out of the satchel hung around Mazzy's neck, ripping it out of the bag and placing above her eyes.

As she clabbered onto Mazzy's back she sucked in a timid and unsteady breath. She clenched her jaw and forced herself to make tsaheylu with Mazzy.

She beckoned herself to soar through the air faster, her path of flight was rapid and inconsistent.