5.

3 Days later the head medical Na'vi, Kuni, cleared Lei to return back to semi normal routines. She was instructed to stay inside the village and to only assist with simple tasks.

Lei greeted her family back at her hut, then began to seek out something to do. She had basically died of boredom inside that hut.

"Lei." Kiri smiled, taking her hand as she entered the hut. "How're you?" She tilted her head so it barely touched the top of her shoulder, resting her hand on her hip.

"I am fine." Lei nodded, "Kuni says I can't leave the village for another week." She took a disappointed breath, she usually didn't stay in the village for more than 2 days at a time.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Kiri smiled brightly, finally letting go of her hand. "Neteyam and Lo'ak are out, but they'll be back later." She turnt, attending to Tuk.

Lei waved at Tuk with a warm simper, leaving her hut. She wandered around the village, observing her tribe-mates closely. Lei enjoyed watching random Na'vi from afar and taking note of their accustom features and gestures.

Percikan noticed Lei, he hurried over to her. "You are out." He raised his eyebrows as he noticed the bandages. "You are lucky you can even walk." He shifted his gaze back up to Lei's.

"I know." Lei bit the inside of her cheek.

Percikan noted her uncomfortable expression. "You killed a Lakay'na." He flicked her on the forehead, she grabbed his hand which he pulled back. "For the wrong reason."

"You would have—"

"Percikan!" His father bellowed out, waving him over.

"Bye Lei." He tapped her arm, aiding his father.

Lei continued on and eventually reached the border of the jungle. She yearned for Mazzy, she wanted nothing more than to reunite with her Ikran. She glanced over her shoulder to verify she was not being followed. When she confirmed this she hastily cut through the brush.

Lei ran her hand across a tree, studying the intricate patterns of the tree bark. She gazed up at the snow covered branches, a shiver running down her back reminded her of the low temperature.

Lei yelled for Mazzy, she waited patiently for her arrival. Mazzy gracefully touched down to the jungle floor, rubbing her head on Lei's.

"My sister." Lei smiled, placing her hands on Mazzy's snout. Lei sat down, crossing her legs. Her Ikran laid her head on Lei's lap, they sat for a few minutes soaking in each others presence.

Lei took a deep breath before mounting Mazzy, she was anxious of being seen. She slowly climbed onto her Ikran's back, finally resting comfortably. She slowly connected her queue with the Ikran's, their breathing synced up quickly.

Lei took an unfamiliar path, avoiding any Navi. She soared high above the trees, the wind ran through her long hair. The peacefulness and tranquility of being alone intrigued Lei.

——————————————————————

Lei had successfully snuck back into the village just in time to change her bandage. She entered the medical hut, there was only 2 Na'vi sat inside. Lei nodded her head in a greeting manner, grabbing her bandages. As soon as she entered, she had already left.

"Where have you been?" Matahari pulled Lei aside as she tried to leave the hut.

"I was with Awani." Lei lied, she knew Awani would cover for her if Matahari asked.

Matahari looked Lei up and down suspiciously, She shook her head. "Do not leave again." She warned.

Lei rolled her eyes, she was going to ask Lahar to help with her bandages.

——————————————————————

"Lahar?" She called into the entry way of her home, peaking her head inside. No Response.
"Lahar?" She took a step inside her hut, she gazed around aimlessly.

Lahar tapped on his sister's shoulder blade, she turnt around quickly. "I was looking for you." Lei smiled, she jokingly flicked him above his eyebrow.

"What do you want?" Lahar flinched, veering his head away from her hand.

"Help me." Lei handed him the material, the newcomers had gifted it to the Nyala Api clan as a sign of thanks.

"This is real sky people stuff, ah?" Lahar stared down at the white roll of strange feeling cloth.

"It is very useful skxawng."

"Do you want me to help you or not?" He sighed gallingly.

"You kind of have to." Lei pouted her lip, which turned into a grin.

———————————————————————

The Nyala Api had held an event among Na'vi from ages 13-17, that consisted of challenges. They called it the Nā pilikia, this occurred twice every year. The challenges are sorted by age and level of skill, the winner of each age division is gifted the title of Alakaʻi. Lei Atk'ina was twice Alaka'i last year, Lei was automatically eliminated from participating this Nā pilikia. So she was in charge of body paint, ranking, and scoring. Matahari was assisting her sister in this role as well.

"Katu would not let foreigners preform. It is dangerous, Hantu and the others would not either." Lei informed the 4 siblings, they were all sat on a large flat rock positioned on the one river. It was early morning, nearly the whole village was still asleep.

"Me and Neteyam could beat Hantu and all his bitch friends." Lo'ak shook his head, Neteyam lightly punched his arm. "It's the truth." He retaliated against his brother, scrunching his nose.

"He didn't mean it." Neteyam huffed, giving his younger brother a funny look.

"Hantu —." Lei was interrupted by her own laugh. "It will be fun, do not worry." Lei took a deep breath, laying onto her back. She winced, momentarily forgetting about her injury.

"Yeah, fun." Kiri mumbled to Lo'ak, they exchanged a small laugh.

"You can help me with body paint, if you want." Lei proposed, staring up at the sky. The 2 younger siblings were beginning to pick at Lei's nerves.

"I will, Lei." Neteyam smiled, tapping her knee. He was annoyed with his siblings being so blunt.

Lei shaded her eyes with her hand, continuing to stare into nothing. She kept glancing at Neteyam, the way his blue skin appeared in the light drew her eye.

Neteyam eventually caught Lei gawking at him, he looked away now wearing a flushed face and an embarrassed smile.