11.

A gathering was held at the Olo'eyktan's hut.

"My people, I know you have been hearing the sky's anger." He referred to the storms.

"We will prepare for these storms how we are familiar to doing." Tsahìk La'wan followed his comment. "No flying or training until my word."

The pair went on for about 10 minutes about the storms and such, "How long do you think the storms will last?" Lahar asked Lei.

"Maybe through a full moon." She shrugged.
Lei braided a small piece of her hair repeatedly as she'd wait for her tribe leader's to complete their speech.

Suddenly Chief Katu changed subjects, "We will begin patrolling for sky people. They're drawing in closer, and we will strike first if we feel needed." He spoke proudly. Jake Sully and his family stood along side Olo'eyktan Katu and Tsahìk La'wan. Lei feared for what lie ahead, but she was willing to protect her tribe.

"Me and my family will fight beside you all." Neytiri spoke, holding her chin high.

——————————————————————

Lei was atop of her hut, securing thick layers of leaves and leather material on the roof. This is one strategy of preparing for the storm season.

"Lei hurry up." Lahar ordered his sister from below the hut.

"Come help then." Lei threw a small rectangular leather patch towards his head. Lahar hissed jokingly, beginning to climb up the hut walls— onto the roof.

"You are the worst." Lahar spat while he slapped the patch across Lei's back. Lei winced, slapping his leg.

Lei began to continue to intertwine thread through the patches, securing them onto the roof. She handed her brother the necessary tools, then returning back to the same patch she was working on.

"Will you have to go, Lei?" Lahar asked.

"To what?" She noticed scarce raindrops beginning to fall, "We should hurry."

Lahar paused.

"Oh, most likely." Lei realized he was talking about the battle that was nearing closer.

Lahar nodded slowly while he bit his lip.

"I'll be alright Lahar." She noticed his anxiousness.

"I know, I just wish I could come with you."

Lei shook her head, "Your time will come brother, don't worry." She rubbed his lower back affectionately.

The two continued preparing their hut for the storm season, it soon began to pour.

Lei quickly made her way to Awani's hut through the rain with Lahar.

"Hello." Lei smiled lightly to Awani's mother.

"Lei, Lahar." She smiled while dipping her head. "Congratulations, I'm proud of you." Awani's mother gently hugged Lei, Awani's mother shared her kind hospitality with her daughter.

"Thank you." Lei wrapped her arms around the woman.

"Lei." Awani called from a doorway, "Hi Lahar." She dipped her head.

"I must talk to you." Lei quickly made her way to Awani.

They settled in Awani's room, resting next to eachother on her hammock.

"Katu said the sky people are nearing attack." Lei reminded her friend.

"I know." Awani sighed.

The rain partially soothed Lei's growing nerves, she had been wanting to tell Awani what was on her mind.